Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murieston

Thanks to Hafod for the nod about ordering from FNAC in France. I managed to order the Rachmaninov box for 26.39 euros(including delivery) I later ordered the 50 disc set of EMI opera highlights http://musique.fnac.com/a2032902/Les...Opera-CD-album for 12.90 euros plus postage. There are some great and famous performances in this box - but remember they are all highlights and not the complete operas. FNAC took the order and four days later I took delivery of the CDs. Great service and great prices - well worth a perusal. The cheapest I could find the EMI box for in the UK was £65.79 from the Hut.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      Glad I waited for a recommendation before pressing the "buy" button!
      I recall them as 3 separate 3- or 4 LP-sets (mid 1970s) as well as multi-CD-sets within the complete Mozart Edition 1991.
      For this enormous amount of money simply unbeatable.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hafod View Post
        Mozart, Da Ponte Operas, BBCSO/Colin Davis - 9cds £5.99 delivered. Getting a bit long in the tooth but at £2 an opera.....
        https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E10182284
        I've ordered bt have a minor concern in that the description says EMI.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          I've ordered bt have a minor concern in that the description says EMI.
          But the picture is the correct one: (ex-)Philips

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
            But the picture is the correct one: (ex-)Philips
            and the tracklisting is correct! I await delivery and then we'll see!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              WOW! These are superb performances - for less than the price of a single NAXOS CD! <swoonemoticon>
              That nice Mr Dunkin'-Smiff will be making a further deposit this Thursday so it'll be another week of "X on toast" so that I can get this set - bargain!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                so it'll be another week of "X on toast" so that I can get this set - bargain!
                How do you like your X; boiled or fried?
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Mozart, Da Ponte Operas, BBCSO/Colin Davis - 9cds £5.99 delivered. Getting a bit long in the tooth but at £2 an opera.....
                  https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E10182284
                  For the price of a couple of pints of bitter it is too good to miss so I've quickly slapped in an order. It does seem too good to be true and I note that Amazon has it under "See all buying options" with much higher prices. Has anyone actually received it?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    How do you like your X; boiled or fried?

Comment

• AmpH
                      • Feb 2012

Excellent performances of Roussel Symphonies and other orchestral works on Naxos available from Sinsbury's at a very good price ( 4CD's )

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                        Excellent performances of Roussel Symphonies and other orchestral works on Naxos available from Sinsbury's at a very good price ( 4CD's )

https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E10732989
                        A terrific bargain this AmpH - I paid slightly more & they've rarely been off my player - lovely music beautifully performed & recorded I agree

Comment

• hafod
                          • Nov 2010

At last a full list of contents:

Comment

• martin_opera

This is going to be too tempting in September: DECCA release the Solti opera recordings in big boxes and by conductor so we have Verdi, Mozart, Wagner and Strauss. Am not sure I'll be bothering with the Verdi and Mozart as I have what I need already but the Wagner seems very good value.

if I was lacking Verdi (which I am not) I'd be tempted to go for the Abbado box.

Comment

• amateur51

At last a full list of contents:
                              http://www.crotchet.co.uk/6356572.html
                              Many thanks, hafod - what a treat

Comment

• hafod
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by martin_opera View Post
                                This is going to be too tempting in September: DECCA release the Solti opera recordings in big boxes and by conductor so we have Verdi, Mozart, Wagner and Strauss. Am not sure I'll be bothering with the Verdi and Mozart as I have what I need already but the Wagner seems very good value.

if I was lacking Verdi (which I am not) I'd be tempted to go for the Abbado box.
                                There is also this one: CURZON, CLIFFORD The Complete Decca Recordings. Decca 23cds plus DVD £53.50 at MDT

It seems to mirror the 4 boxes containing 21cds issued as Original Masters so there are a few extra bits in the new set. Not enough to tempt me as I have the 4 OMs.

Comment

Working...
                                X