X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barber olly

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Re the Messiaen set.

I had this message from them a day or two ago. At least they haven't cancelled the order - yet!
    Do you get the vibe that it's only a matter of time. Still getting the sorry auto responses.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by barber olly View Post
      Do you get the vibe that it's only a matter of time. Still getting the sorry auto responses.
      I do barber, I do

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

Now don't be such a pessimist. Order placed with play.com on 1 Aug 2011 - despatched 28 Nov 2011 (should arrive any day now).
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
          Now don't be such a pessimist. Order placed with play.com on 1 Aug 2011 - despatched 28 Nov 2011 (should arrive any day now).
          Ooooh bravo, Pianorak!

Thanks for the 'chin up'!

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
            I'll wait, but avoid holding my breath

Comment

• Pianorak
              • Nov 2010

I'll wait, but avoid holding my breath
              A wise decision, methinks.
              However, order placed on 1 Aug has finally arrived! Yipppeeee!
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Lots of goodies in the Brilliant Classics, Richard Strauss Edition, 35CDs+CD Rom; operas, orchestral ( mainly Kempe), chamber music and lieder. Shopping around the best deal - now confirmed - is from Amazon fr @ GBP £47 36, incl postage, estimated despatch date 9 Dec. Amazon uk listed price is £73 78, despatch 19 Dec!

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

This John Ogdon box of 4 looks interesting, and reasonable value - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_i=typ01 It also contains some previously unavailable or hard to get recordings.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Seems that CD Review might have crashed the Wigmore Hall site this morning - or perhaps it was just a coincidence. Some of the Wigmore Hall CDs are now down to £3 (plus an optional donation), and that includes the recommended recording of the Brahms Clarinet Quintet WHLIVE0007. The site is a bit clunky, and I read that:

"Deliver to billing address.
                    Your tickets will be posted to you and should arrive no later than 7 days prior to the event. Thank you for booking."

Comment

• hafod
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                      This John Ogdon box of 4 looks interesting, and reasonable value - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_i=typ01 It also contains some previously unavailable or hard to get recordings.
                      Only £5.99 here -

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                        • Apr 2007

Abbado Mahler 3 for a fiver anyone? http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/8007...rlrefer=search
                        I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                          Cheers hafod!

I've also spotted Elgar's complete electrical recordings on EMI, 9CDs for £11.99 inc p&p

plus several Argerich boxes at tempting prices

Comment

• Chris Newman
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            Cheers hafod!

I've also spotted Elgar's complete electrical recordings on EMI, 9CDs for £11.99 inc p&p

plus several Argerich boxes at tempting prices
                            And great it is too. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I span the Elgar Symphony No 1 and Falstaff this afternoon. Many of the recordings sound like they were captured only yesterday afternoon. Mike Dutton,Tony Griffith and their colleagues have done a fabulous job cleaning up. A lovely and essential supplement to Sir John, Sir Adrian and Sir Colin.

Comment

• amateur51

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing here, barber but I'm cancelling my Sainsbury's order@ £16.99 and going for this @ £17.99 ...

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.6 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Fingers crossed

Comment

• Pianorak
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                Thanks hafod. Keen to hear those performances as I was underwhelmed by his Scriabin recordings.

Ordered last night - and just received an email from hmv saying order has been despatched. I'm impressed!
                                Last edited by Pianorak; 04-12-11, 10:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X