Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Naxos single discs only £2.30 (16 bit) at Chandos website...

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
      Naxos single discs only £2.30 (16 bit) at Chandos website...
      Just to be very clear, the Naxos sale at Chandos is for DOWNLOADS (in case CD only adherents get very excited......)

Comment

• Parry1912
        • Nov 2010

Pavarotti Complete Operas (101 discs) on Amazon.fr for EUR 126.99 (works out to about £118 inc. p&p).

A bit more than the usual 1 disc = £1 bargain standard but 6 of the discs are pure audio blu-ray
        Last edited by Parry1912; 18-01-20, 20:48.
        Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Jonathan
          • Mar 2007

Did anyone sort out the re-downloading of the complete Myaskovsky Symphonies we discussed a few weeks ago - I just wondered if they'd fixed the problem?
          Best regards,
          Jonathan

Comment

• Kamisama
            • Mar 2015

Price drop on Robert Casadesus - The Complete Columbia Album Collection

Also, Emanuel Ax - The Complete RCA Album Collection at Amazon.de but out of stock

EDIT: NLA
            Last edited by Kamisama; 25-01-20, 01:16.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kamisama View Post
              Price drop on Robert Casadesus - The Complete Columbia Album Collection

Also, Emanuel Ax - The Complete RCA Album Collection at Amazon.de but out of stock

EDIT: NLA
              I must have just squeezed in: £21.80 including p&p to the UK.

Comment

• Kamisama
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                I must have just squeezed in: £21.80 including p&p to the UK.
                Mine's on its way...

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kamisama View Post
                  Mine's on its way...
                  As is mine.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

I found myself listening to Mompou songs on Spotify. Niche repertoire certainly but right up my streeet and I was delighted with the experience. I checked out download possibilities and discovered that Chandos have a 60% off Naxos January Sale.

Get in quick, I thought, and duly did. I got the two CDs as a FLAC download for £2.30 each.

Mompou Complete Songs Vol 1

Mompou Complete Songs Vol 2

Drawback is no texts but the http://www.musicweb-international.co...v1_8573099.htm gives a useful link for texts + translation.

PS Sorry. I had completely missed the above reference to this offer.
                    Last edited by gurnemanz; 30-01-20, 15:34. Reason: PS

Comment

• mathias broucek
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                      Did anyone sort out the re-downloading of the complete Myaskovsky Symphonies we discussed a few weeks ago - I just wondered if they'd fixed the problem?
                      It vanished from sale. I purchased them from Tidal (you can buy stuff from Tidal as well as stream, although it's well-hidden) which seemed to offer the best price (£17.99).

Highly, highly recommended set!

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Bernstein Complete DG. Down to £210

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                          It vanished from sale. I purchased them from Tidal (you can buy stuff from Tidal as well as stream, although it's well-hidden) which seemed to offer the best price (£17.99).

Highly, highly recommended set!
                          I checked last week and it has not been fixed yet - just says not available in my listing. I should email them to check the situation.

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            Bernstein Complete DG. Down to £210

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0787H59...v_ov_lig_dp_it
                            Before rushing to buy this, look at some of the Amazon reviews. One or two are very helpful. The basic comment seems to be that much of the material has been available before - and some of us will have much of that already, so buying this box will almost inevitably lead to duplication. The further comment is that only a subset of the included performances have been given the latest refreshing aural update, and some of those are now available in separate and rather cheaper boxes. Additionally Fidelio, which is included, has been given an aural refresh and available elsewhere, but is not in the sparkling new (Blu Ray audio?) version in this box.

Possibly few people who have earlier issues will buy this box, but if anyone here does, it would be interesting to know about the comparisons
                            with earlier releases. It might be a very good set for anyone who doesn’t already have a lot of Bernstein performances and recordings.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Having bought the Bernstein Remastered box for £54.17 last July, and having more Bernstein recordings than I can shake a stick at, I am not in the market for this particular 'bargain'.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

I know that some/many here were disappointed at the non appearance of a "super bargain" a while back.

However, is this set of Richard Strauss operas maybe still to be considered, at around £2 per CD - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Str...5-9669ab0086b2 Richard Strauss operas - I think the same set which we lamented over.

Comment

Working...
                                X