X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Somewhat O/T but does anyone here know whether the reported audio problems with the Abbado Mahler Bu-rays got sorted?

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Just tried the ending of Zinman's Mahler 8 via Spotify - very good. Also noted that Solti's set is not too expensive at Amazon, though Kubelik is still rather expensive. I'm not sure that we should rule out Zinmans's set, and SACD enthusiasts should at least consider this set.

In the meantime I found this rather cheap 3 CD set of a somewhat lesser composer - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stenhammar-S...d_rhf_cr_shvl3

Comment

• robk
        • Nov 2010

Should I go for http://www.selections.com/AL674/pucc...-operas-13cds/
        I have the Beecham Bohème and Pappano Butterfly but none of the others and no Callas. Do you think the Regis remastering will be good. I've had a listen on Spotify and it sound promising but perhaps not quite crystal clear on the high soprano notes, but that might be the Spotify sound quality.

Comment

• Curalach

Originally posted by robk View Post
          I have just ordered it from Europadisc. They have cheaper postage rates and are offering a 5% Jubilee discount this weekend by entering the code DIAMOND at the checkout.
          Puccini - The Great Operas | Regis presents a 13 CD wallet box of Puccini’s greatest operas. The performances are of legendary status, featuring such artis

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Curalach View Post
            I have just ordered it from Europadisc. They have cheaper postage rates and are offering a 5% Jubilee discount this weekend by entering the code DIAMOND at the checkout.
            http://www.europadisc.co.uk/classica...eat_Operas.htm
            Wow! What an amazing set - I don't always open the emails from europadisc, MDT et al because it usually costs me money I can ill-afford!

I'll be skipping this one, I've got more than half the recordings already

Comment

• robk
              • Nov 2010

Thanks for that - it is now ordered.

Comment

• Pianorak
                • Nov 2010

I have just ordered it from Europadisc.
                Saw that just in the nick of time! Thanks, Curalach.
                My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• PJPJ
                  • Nov 2010

US forum members can get an AT bargain:

£49!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

Good offer but for me some duplication with the bumper Callas box I got a few years ago - still out there at a mere £64 for 70 CDs:

Comment

• mikealdren
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                      Good offer but for me some duplication with the bumper Callas box I got a few years ago - still out there at a mere £64 for 70 CDs:
                      Not sure if it's still available but it was only about £30 from Amazon France last year, a great bargain.

Mike

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                        Conlon's superb EMI Triple of Zemlinsky for £4.99! Another no brainer, I think:

(Sainsbury's seem to be doing all the EMI Triples for £4.99)
                        I wonder if those Triples are now being deleted. There were a few which Snaisburgs didn't seem to have - for example the Lutoslawski set. I've had to resort to listening to it on Spotify. I need to register on the CDAnonymous thread again - just succumbed to a few Triples from the grocer's store - plus the Karajan orchestral set.
                        Last edited by Dave2002; 05-06-12, 11:42.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Dave, what's the best price, in £ and including p&p, via amazon.de? I ask because the set can be found via amazon.co.uk for £18.09 including p&p. Just search for "gustav leonhardt plays bach" without the quote marks. It is sent from Switzerland so there should be no duty to pay.
                          When I arrived at work today the 10 CD boxed set was awaiting me. No duty to pay (as promised by the vendor). I started off with the first disc The Art of Fugue in the car on the journey home. Very please with what I heard.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Apologies if this has already been flagged up.

Got to be worth a punt at 52p.
                            Anyone familiar with these recordings ?

Comment

• Rolmill
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              Apologies if this has already been flagged up.

Got to be worth a punt at 52p.
                              Anyone familiar with these recordings ?
                              Don't know the performances, but I see that the music is incomplete - missing one of the cello suites and one each of the violin sonatas and partitas. Price also up to £2.99 now....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Rolmill View Post
                                Don't know the performances, but I see that the music is incomplete - missing one of the cello suites and one each of the violin sonatas and partitas. Price also up to £2.99 now....

Comment

Working...
                                X