X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oliver sudden
    • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    That's here - I assume - https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/66d...cdc216539e3cd9

I've never knowingly used that site. Is it easy to use, and does it bill in UK Pounds? I don't want to try it and find that my credit card gets lots of extra charges due to foreign currency or other reasons.

What download format does the set come in? FLAC perhaps?
    I just used PayPal in euros and it came through as €14.80. There’s a conversion fee in there of course but nothing else is going to come on top of that.

That’s about 1.4 cents per minute…

Mine are coming in as flacs, I forget if there were other options, it was all a bit of a whirl!

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Of course there's also the "never mind the quality feel the width issue"! Are these actually any good?

I may invest. Were you previously a member of HD Tracks, or as I would be, simply a new arrival?

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

The recordings sound decent enough. Sometimes it's quite enjoyable and fun to listen to recordings which may otherwise have been forgotten - though it is less fun if the audio quality is really poor.
        I'm trying Schuricht's Schubert 9 right now. I got to know that from Klemperer's EMI recording, which not everyone liked, but I loved it anyway.
        Continuing with the Schuricht Schubert 9 - the sound is a bit rough in places - and maybe the performance is not one I'd want to listen to every day, but it has some distinctive features and playing. Worth a listen, unless you have anything better to do!

Comment

• oliver sudden
          • Feb 2024

Of course there's also the "never mind the quality feel the width issue"! Are these actually any good?

I may invest. Were you previously a member of HD Tracks, or as I would be, simply a new arrival?
          New arrival. I’ve seen various Brucknerian friends recommend enough instalments on Twitter or bluesky that I thought it was worth making the tiny investment.

Comment

• Jonathan
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillMatters View Post
            From the Bruckner Journal

For those who have not been collecting the Poschner recordings as they have been released, the "complete" collection has been released today.
            It is available on HDTracks in hi-def for the LOW PRICE of $20.98!
            Add discount code "ListenHD25" for an additional 25% off...
            That's A LOT of Bruckner for under $16!
            Just downloading this now - with my initial 20% off your first order discount code! Total was £13.33 (including PayPal fees). Many thanks for flagging this - hours of Bruckner to listen to now
            Best regards,
            Jonathan

Comment

Working...
            X