Banned
    • Jun 2014

Did AmpH spot the Szeryng?

Then, in the words of Simon Gray, 'Thanks. I owe you more than I can say.'

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Yeah, whatever..........

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• AmpH
        • Feb 2012

Most kind of you people ...... but it was all down to ' Bookbutler ' really

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Not a boxed set that tempts me (way too many duplications of discs I already have) but amazon.it are currently offering the Complete DG recordings of Mauricio Pollini for just under £96, including p&p to the UK.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

The Sinopoli 16 cd box turned up today ( ordered from Amazon UK, despatched from Italy).

Looking foward to hearing the discs, currently sampling with the Elgar, but as a set it wouldn’t win any prizes for presentation, would it?

Not confident about ever getting the Szeryng box though. Still due March 9th, but the set isn't listed on amazon.com at all now.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• AmpH
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              The Sinopoli 16 cd box turned up today ( ordered from Amazon UK, despatched from Italy).

Looking foward to hearing the discs, currently sampling with the Elgar, but as a set it wouldn’t win any prizes for presentation, would it?

Not confident about ever getting the Szeryng box though. Still due March 9th, but the set isn't listed on amazon.com at all now.
              Hope the Szeryng box does arrive ts - now listed on amazon.ca at the equivalent of £15-95p , as before.

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                Hope the Szeryng box does arrive ts - now listed on amazon.ca at the equivalent of £15-95p , as before.
                It's listed as temporarily out of stock though - but perhaps worth a punt nevertheless.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                  • Nov 2010

The Sinopoli box is excellent. The only pity is that it doesn't include his best Bruckner (5 and 8) or his excellent Elgar 1

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                    The Sinopoli box is excellent. The only pity is that it doesn't include his best Bruckner (5 and 8) or his excellent Elgar 1
                    Pick and Mix Boxes showcasing a conductor were ever so!

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Bach: The Organ Works/Peter Hurford £27.04 free delivery.

"The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                        alpha are bringing out later this month a box set of the 6 CDs of the cafe Zimmermann Bach multiple instrument concertos.
                        A reasonable price on amazon.uk - cheaper and sooner on amazon.fr - even cheaper than that on amazon.de

Much recommended!

An even greater bargain was release a few months ago. I thought we had discussed it at the time but can't find the relevant thread. Anyway, there's a box of 16 Café Zimmermann CDs (including the 6 Bach discs from the box quoted) for a little under £36. Even if you already have the earlier box, that's still only £3.59 a disc, pro rata, for the rest.

Comment

• vinteuil
                          • Nov 2010

... indeed, as the man said - déjà vu all over again -

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            An even greater bargain was release a few months ago. I thought we had discussed it at the time but can't find the relevant thread. Anyway, there's a box of 16 Café Zimmermann CDs (including the 6 Bach discs from the box quoted) for a little under £36. Even if you already have the earlier box, that's still only £3.59 a disc, pro rata, for the rest.
                            The Box is £32.81 from Presto, which has a listing of the pieces. I don’t know how delivery costs would affect the final price. Presto also have some of the smaller boxes at what look like reasonable prices - an offer until April.

At the end of this, are the additional pieces on the 16 CD box worthwhile?

Café Zimmermann. Alpha: ALPHA434. Buy download online. Café Zimmermann

Comment

• MickyD
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                              The Box is £32.81 from Presto, which has a listing of the pieces. I don’t know how delivery costs would affect the final price. Presto also have some of the smaller boxes at what look like reasonable prices - an offer until April.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...afe-zimmermann
                              I'd say that everything by this group should be snapped up without delay at such a great price.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...afe-zimmermann
                                Good find, and there is no charge for 2nd Class Post with Presto. I seem to have failed order it last autumn, but with the current offer, it really is not to be missed. Can someone comment on what sort of textual material comes with the box? It's not available for download from QOBUZ, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X