X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    1871 was the year the RAH opened! Don't know how many concerts HvK conducted there!

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      That's a good buy if you want that much Handel - I'm not sure that I do. The mp3s are cheaper still - but I don't normally recommend that. These are also on Amazon Unlimited if anyone subscribes to that, so it's possible to sample before taking the plunge for the Flac downloads. I couldn't see these on Qobuz, though the complete Haydn is there.
      "complete Haydn"? If you are referring to the Brilliant Classic edition, while offering a good chunl of Haydn's output, it is not complete, not even in the expanded version issued last year.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        "complete Haydn"? If you are referring to the Brilliant Classic edition, while offering a good chunl of Haydn's output, it is not complete, not even in the expanded version issued last year.
        No - I was thinking of the "complete" Pinnock Haydn symphony set which I spotted on the Presto site - and it's also on Qobuz. I noted your update on the Brilliant set - and like you I have earlier versions, so I'm not buying again.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          No - I was thinking of the "complete" Pinnock Haydn symphony set which I spotted on the Presto site - and it's also on Qobuz. I noted your update on the Brilliant set - and like you I have earlier versions, so I'm not buying again.
          Another reason I will not be getting the revised Haydn Edition is that I have the Alan Hacker discs of the Nocturnes, the Dorati recording of L’Anima del Filosofo, and got the complete Buchberger quartets box at a bargain price.

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Another reason I will not be getting the revised Haydn Edition is that I have ... the Dorati recording of L’Anima del Filosofo...
            ... tho' I suspect the Hogwood/AAM

or the Stagione/Schneider

might be more fun than the Dorati...

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
              ... tho' I suspect the Hogwood/AAM

or the Stagione/Schneider

might be more fun than the Dorati...

The former of which I do in fact have, listed on the box under its ossia title, the box being the Oiseau-lyre "Classical and Early Romantic", which I got mainly for the Malcolm Binns Beethoven sonatas. Also, my memory served me wrong. I don't have the Dorati, he seems not to have recorded it for the the Philips Haydn Operas series/boxes. Good job I have the Hogwood then.
              Last edited by Bryn; 18-01-18, 16:22. Reason: Update.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

I really wish that Decca would issue those Malcolm Binns Beethoven sonata discs in a single box...I have pretty much all the Classical and Early Romantic stuff in the rest of the big L'Oiseau Lyre box. I still have the original LP boxes with all the wonderful notes.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                  • Nov 2010

Solti Ring is FOUR QUID on Qobuz for 24 bit.....

Listen to unlimited or download Richard Wagner : Der Ring des Nibelungen by Sir Georg Solti in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                    Solti Ring is FOUR QUID on Qobuz for 24 bit.....

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/ri...87859?qref=dpa
                    I tried to buy it, but the price mysteriously transmuted to 136.99€. Hmm!

Comment

• Parry1912
                      • Nov 2010

I tried to buy it, but the price mysteriously transmuted to 136.99€. Hmm!
                      That is disappointing!

I was one of the lucky ones, so thanks to mb.
                      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• mathias broucek
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                        That is disappointing!

I was one of the lucky ones, so thanks to mb.
                        Still showing cheap in the UK

Comment

• Parry1912
                          • Nov 2010

Now I just have to work out how to get Foobar to play them at 96KHz

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                            Still showing cheap in the UK
                            Unfortunately, I was an earlyish adopter of QOBUZ, and switching from a French to English account is not that easy. They say it can only be done on the anniversary of its initiation. However, as they are now under newer management since I last asked, perhaps they have become more flexible. I will have another go at getting switched.

Comment

• Parry1912
                              • Nov 2010

I was originally on a French account but I opened an English one using a different email address

Comment

• robk
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                                Now I just have to work out how to get Foobar to play them at 96KHz
                                I managed to nab this one this morning. The files are 24 bit but the sample rate is 44kH not 96Kh. Unless I have missed a trick somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X