Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hafod
    • Nov 2010

The Art of Hermann Scherchen (Scribendum 27 cd). Price just nose-dived to £27.76

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Hmm, looks like we will have to wait until the end of October for that Carnegie Hall Richter boxed set.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Anyone into Eduard Tubin or just curious?

His complete symphonies on BIS (Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra, Neeme Järvi) are just £15.99 for a 16-bit CD quality download from Qobuz. Great value given that I didn’t pay much less than that over 20 years ago for the CD of symphonies 3 & 8!

Listen to Neeme Järvi in unlimited on Qobuz and buy the albums in Hi-Res 24-Bit for an unequalled sound quality. Subscription from £10.83/month

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Hmm, looks like we will have to wait until the end of October for that Carnegie Hall Richter boxed set.
          ... o, mine is 'promised' for 29 September. Anyhoo, if we get it for £4-78 (plus P&P) I'm not complaining...

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

You have to toss in items to bring the total order up to £20 or more to get free delivery. Unfortunately a book I thought of adding in, priced at about £18, has now shot up to around £28! I'll have to keep looking for a suitable order filler. Otherwise the pre-order is a tad under £7 - though might still be worth it.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
              The Art of Hermann Scherchen (Scribendum 27 cd). Price just nose-dived to £27.76

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Scherch.../dp/B01779EXHC
              Too much of a temptation at that price - duly ordered. As always, deepest thanks to Hafod for his forensic skills at rooting out bargains.

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                Too much of a temptation at that price - duly ordered. As always, deepest thanks to Hafod for his forensic skills at rooting out bargains.
                Listing of pieces here - http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Scribendum/SC801 Are the recordings any good?

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Thanks Hafod, on its way along with the Leibowitz box at the same price, less CDs but still good value. Mrs C sayscwhere are you going to put them, but had to do it!

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Thanks Hafod, on its way along with the Leibowitz box at the same price, less CDs but still good value. Mrs C says where are you going to put them, but had to do it!
                    I'll be interested to hear how you like Leibowitz. I've a few of his recordings which I picked up as Readers Digest CDs in a local charity shop. They're quite good, but I'm not sure I'd really "need" the others from the box set I probably have enough Beethoven symphony cycles already, and some of the others look like "mere" fillers. Feel free to persuade me otherwise when your boxes arrive.

Comments on the Scherchen box would also be welcome - I've only got a few recordings by him IIRC.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                      • Jan 2014

Don't know if you can access Naxos music Library, but the Leibowitz is available there = see post 21 here

Comment

• visualnickmos
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                        Anyone into Eduard Tubin or just curious?

His complete symphonies on BIS (Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra, Neeme Järvi) are just £15.99 for a 16-bit CD quality download from Qobuz. Great value given that I didn’t pay much less than that over 20 years ago for the CD of symphonies 3 & 8!
                        Yes - Tubin. A discovery I made years ago with a bargain from HMV, no less; the very same BIS complete symphonies. I found them very 'easy' to acquire the taste for - and well worth it, too. However, apart from the symphonies, I don't know any other Tubin works.... probably worth investigating.
                        Last edited by visualnickmos; 22-05-17, 19:43.

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
                          Don't know if you can access Naxos music Library, but the Leibowitz is available there = see post 21 here
                          http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...-library/page3
                          Interesting. I found a lot on Qobuz, which may not be in the box - but Qobuz doesn't have that particular box as far as I can see.

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
                            http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...-library/page3
                            I have now accessed the NML via my local library website. I can't see the particular box set of Leibowitz CDs listed there - though perhaps all of his recordings are there in different forms.

Currently listening to his flute sonata. The players aren't named. https://www.amazon.fr/Leibowitz-Sere.../dp/B0000245ZZ

Sounds a bit like some Messiaen flute music.

Comment

• Jonathan
                              • Mar 2007

The Demus recordings of Schumann's complete piano music are currently on sale at JPC for E9.99 (IIRC)!! Shame I already have it.
                              Best regards,
                              Jonathan

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

Poul Ruders (b.1949)

Symphony No.5 - 16 bit CD quality download from Qobuz. £2.39

Listen to Poul Ruders in unlimited on Qobuz and buy the albums in Hi-Res 24-Bit for an unequalled sound quality. Subscription from £10.83/month

Comment

Working...
                                X