• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Indeed, but I listened to the Bartók Concerto for Orchestra this morning, together with Lutoslawski - Mariss Jansons, ROC. Actually I suspect that Dutoit's might be a better recording. Did you go for the Mozart 225?

Have you found any more of the Morton Feldman? Just trying the Quartetto Klimt download - piano, violin, viola, cello.
    I'll probably play Neither later in the week.
    I couldn’t listen to all my current Mozart CDs if I lived to a hundred!

Talk to ts about Feldman - I have quite a lot of his stuff already.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

so have I, just posted as a public service.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        so have I, just posted as a public service.
        Like your team’s defence. I see.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Alright, not exactly loads.....

Five at 99p, and a couple more at a couple of quid, although the For Bunita Marcus has been cheap for ages.Not sure if the others have.
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...price-asc-rank
          Thanks for the extra information. I already had the Bunita Marcus - for 69p a few years ago. I have now added the others at 99p each.

Currently there's also this by Anthony Braxton for 79p - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Composition...5ZM1PTD5TSFB8B

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

fhg seems to have managed to get through WAM225 already. So how many do you have? I haven't counted how many Mozart CDs I've got - but at a quick guess it might be 4-500, plus I have downloads.

Not sure if you're interested in Braxton - I've heard some of his music before - perhaps more in a modern jazz genre.

The Klimt quartet download seems to have echoes of Debussy's Des pas sur la neige.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

fhg seems to have managed to get through WAM225 already. So how many do you have? I haven't counted how many Mozart CDs I've got - but at a quick guess it might be 4-500, plus I have downloads.

Not sure if you're interested in Braxton - I've heard some of his music before - perhaps more in a modern jazz genre.

The Klimt quartet download seems to have echoes of Debussy's Des pas sur la neige.
              I was being flippant about Mozart, probably only about 150 CDs and I can’t think of any downloads.

I like Braxton a lot and I just downloaded Composition 363B+ for 79p, so thanks very much for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

• mikealdren
                • Nov 2010

Indeed, but I listened to the Bartók Concerto for Orchestra this morning, together with Lutoslawski - Mariss Jansons, ROC. Actually I suspect that Dutoit's might be a better recording.
                I'm playing the Bartok soon so I listened to my recordings, Adam Fischer, Rattle and Reiner. Although it's an old recording, the Reiner was a clear winner. Even in the Bartok, the recording was quite good enough and the performance is superb.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

anybody got the 20th Century Italian Piano Music Brilliant Classics box?

£8/£10 download, same price on Amazon more or less.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

I came across a 10CD Lieder collection with Mitsuko Shirai from Amazon for about £20 post paid. Not having any recordings by this highly respected artist, I have taken the opportunity to remedy the situation.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                      I came across a 10CD Lieder collection with Mitsuko Shirai from Amazon for about £20 post paid. Not having any recordings by this highly respected artist, I have taken the opportunity to remedy the situation.
                      I've had this set a fair while with a few of the discs still unplayed. Not that I've been put off by what I've heard: this is certainly an estimable lieder partnership (husband and wife) and the price is certainly very attractive. But I can't say that anything in it blew away all the competition. Must have another dip into it though.
                      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Pianorak
                        • Nov 2010

Twelve CDs of Schubert piano music by various artists for 25 Euro. - sample tracks available. Might be of interest to someone?

Die CD Franz Schubert: Klavierwerke jetzt probehören und für 14,99 Euro kaufen. Mehr von Franz Schubert gibt es im Shop.
                        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Bargains is now in a Bargains/CDExchange sub-forum based on Record Review (as suggested). I haven't quite got this right as Bargains was a thread and CD Exchange was a sub-forum. But you can access 'Bargains' now directly from the Bargains/CD Exchange link on the homepage. The Bargains thread will stay at/near the top of the list as long as new posts are added, and CD Exchange can be added to but will be most effective if a new thread with a clear title is started with each new offer. Does this help?
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Pianorak
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            Does this help?
                            Yes, thank you ff.
                            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

Mozart 225 – The New Complete Edition (200 cds). €200 from JPC.
                              Die bislang umfassendste Hommage an Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Hier können Sie »Mozart 225 – The New Complete Edition« online bestellen.

Earlier discussion:

Comment

• Pianorak
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                Mozart 225 – The New Complete Edition (200 cds). €200 from JPC.
                                Die bislang umfassendste Hommage an Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Hier können Sie »Mozart 225 – The New Complete Edition« online bestellen.

Earlier discussion:
                                http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...lete-this-time
                                Thanks hafod. Couldn't resist - Euro 205.98 incl. postage.

Comment

Working...
                                X