Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

LSO live curently have some £5 CDs or SACDs, plus some box sets which could be worth a look - http://lsolive.lso.co.uk/collections...ngs-for-only-5

Some of the box sets also includ Blu-Ray audio discs.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Colin Davis Complete RCA Legacy.

£35

not many left

Edit....All gone .
      Last edited by teamsaint; 05-01-17, 23:07.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Was that a Lightning deal?

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          Was that a Lightning deal?
          sure was.
          can't see anything else similar ATM
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            sure was.
            can't see anything else similar ATM
            They come.

Blink, and they go!

I wasn't even watching!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Col Lego.
              20X 20th century.
              Under £70, by far the cheapest it has ever been listed, AFAIK.

I'd love to buy it, but would be almost as interested to know that it really exists.

Beefy will order it and confirm, f'sure.
              Last edited by teamsaint; 06-01-17, 20:24.

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Col Lego.
                20X 20th century.

I'd love to buy it, but would be almost as interested to know that it really exists.

Any idea what the actual content is? I can't seem to make out all the details from the image available.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  Any idea what the actual content is? I can't seem to make out all the details from the image available.
                  Klassisen musiikin erikoisliike - vuodesta 1960.

has a listing of sorts.

Oh please just order it.......

( another well informed chap hereabouts tells me it looks like hot stuff.....)

Edit: It has now gone from Amazon UK, but one still showing on Amazon.It at 79 Euros.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

http://fugamusiikki.blogspot.co.uk/

has a listing of sorts.

Oh please just order it.......

( another well informed chap hereabouts tells me it looks like hot stuff.....)
                    Thanks. Not quite complete (don't know Ives's "etc.", etc. but clearer than the cover illustration). Turns out I already have several of them, so probably not for me. It's gone now anyway.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                      • Nov 2010

Qobuz has a BR Klassik bundle of the two Bach Passions, B minor mass and Christmas Oratorio. Recent recordings, HIPP and just £16 (16 bit only). Search for the label and it's in the first page.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                        Qobuz has a BR Klassik bundle of the two Bach Passions, B minor mass and Christmas Oratorio. Recent recordings, HIPP and just £16 (16 bit only). Search for the label and it's in the first page.
                        Not bad for 9 discs worth.

There is also a 6 DVD set of the same works by the same performers. Whether they use the same audio source as the CDs I do not know, however they do have LPCM stereo and DTS and Dolby Digital surround.
                        Last edited by Bryn; 07-01-17, 22:57. Reason: Update.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Col Lego.
                          20X 20th century.

In the end I gave in and ordered, despite already having the Berio, Feldman and Xenakis discs.

What a strange 'box'. It came today, wrapped in a black paper outer with reproductions of the cover stuck on each end. The corrugated card box inside held the discs. There were 20 jewel cases plus some brown paper 'filler'. I blanched when I found there were 2 copies of the Feldman. "What a mess", I thought. "What's missing?"

It transpired there was nothing missing, far from it. The 4 double albums were each duplicated, so I now have 3 copies of the Feldman and 2 each of the Berio, Cage, Cerha, Kurtag and Xenakis. Expect to find the spare copies up for sale via Amazon or Ebay at some point.
                          Last edited by Bryn; 15-01-17, 17:39. Reason: Forgot about the Berio and Xenakis spares.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

In the end I gave in and ordered, despite already having the Berio, Feldman and Xenakis discs.

What a strange 'box'. It came today, wrapped in a black paper outer with reproductions of the cover stuck on each end. The corrugated card box inside held the discs. There were 20 jewel cases plus some brown paper 'filler'. I blanched when I found there were 2 copies of the Feldman. "What a mess", I thought. "What's missing?"

It transpired there was nothing missing, far from it. The 4 double albums were each duplicated, so I now have 3 copies of the Feldman and 2 each of the Cage, Cerha and Kurtag. Expect to find the spare copies up for sale via Amazon or Ebay at some point.
                            Ah, well interesting to know that it does exist, even if in bizarre form.

I see there is still one for about £60 on Amazon .It.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Ah, well interesting to know that it does exist, even if in bizarre form.

I see there is still one for about £60 on Amazon .It.
                              Some of the labeling is rather dodgy. The 1957 radio recording of the Bartok Piano Concertos (Anda/BRSO/Bour) are shown as "DDD". Digital masters from 1957?!

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

Some of the labeling is rather dodgy. The 1957 radio recording of the Bartok Piano Concertos (Anda/BRSO/Bour) are shown as "DDD". Digital masters from 1957?!
                                Could be "genuine fakes" though.

Comment

Working...
                                X