Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

on amazon.it : English Renaissance And Baroque Music Edition [10 CD] - EURO 22.99

also part of the 'second CD at 50%' offer so if you'd like to add that Vasco Rossi CD you've been mulling over for ages....
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
      on amazon.it : English Renaissance And Baroque Music Edition [10 CD] - EURO 22.99

also part of the 'second CD at 50%' offer so if you'd like to add that Vasco Rossi CD you've been mulling over for ages....
      £10.48 including p&p (New) via Amazon.co.uk marketplace. Just ordered last one at that price, I think.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Quartetto Italiano 37 CD box at Amazon.it for app £46.50 inc p&p.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Quartetto Italiano 37 CD box at Amazon.it for app £46.50 inc p&p.
          Tempted, if only for the Brahms and Schumann. (The latter new to CD.)

But so much would never get played (eg Haydn and Mozart) that it's hard to justify another doorstop. Currently digesting the final Mercury box!

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

The 'Decca' HIPP Haydn Symphonies box is now shown on amazon.de at €79.99, which is rather less than asked at amazon.co.uk

Release date is 6 May.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              The 'Decca' HIPP Haydn Symphonies box is now shown on amazon.de at €79.99, which is rather less than asked at amazon.co.uk

Release date is 6 May.
              And £52.75 at the moment from MDT (listed under 'Pre-releases').

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                • Nov 2010

I went down to Gramex at the weekend, and among other things picked up a remarkable double CD of Charles Munch in Boston 1959-60 conducting Franck and Faure. The CDs include the Franck Symphony, Perlmuter playing the Symphonic Variations, and a lovely performance of Faure's Pelleas et Melisande.

These are concert performances, never issued before, and in quite good stereo. I had a look on Amazon just now, and found just one copy available for£65, I paid a tenner!

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                  And £52.75 at the moment from MDT (listed under 'Pre-releases').
                  There must be an overlap with Hogwood's previously issued Haydn box. What I'd like to know is what is the proportion?
                  Also, are how many of the Brüggen performances are included? I think have some of those too, from earlier incarnations. though he may have done some more than once. This looks as though it might be very marginal for me, because of possible duplication.

Comment

• PJPJ
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                    There must be an overlap with Hogwood's previously issued Haydn box. What I'd like to know is what is the proportion?
                    Also, are how many of the Brüggen performances are included? I think have some of those too, from earlier incarnations. though he may have done some more than once. This looks as though it might be very marginal for me, because of possible duplication.

Comment

• MickyD
                      • Nov 2010

Interesting that Decca have decided to include some of the middle symphonies with performances by Bruggen and not those of Hogwood's. I guess it makes the box more balanced.

Some time ago, readers on here were seeking in vain for the deleted Sturm und Drang performances of Bruggen's - now it would appear that here is a chance to get them again.
                      Last edited by MickyD; 21-03-16, 19:55.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Hmm. Since I already have the Hogwood box (plus the BBCMM disc of 76 and 77), the Brüggen Sturm und Drang, Paris and London set, and the Dantone 4, it looks like I am not in the market for the new box. Must check where Brüggen has been favoured over Hogwood, however.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                          This looks like a good way of getting a lot of Malcolm Arnold at a bargain price - could anyone give me some advice about the recordings?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...e_epc__1p_3_ti
                          Back down to about £21 now .
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            Back down to about £21 now .
                            And back down too is

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Latest remastering of HvK's EMI Beethoven cycle with a memo and stereo 9th with the BPO, 6 CDs' worth available from Qobuz as a Hi-Res Download for £6.59. Hi-Res 24-bit – 96.00 kHz

Listen to unlimited or download Beethoven: Symphonies 1-9 & Overtures (Remastered HD) by Herbert von Karajan in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                                Latest remastering of HvK's EMI Beethoven cycle with a memo and stereo 9th with the BPO, 6 CDs' worth available from Qobuz as a Hi-Res Download for £6.59. Hi-Res 24-bit – 96.00 kHz

Listen to unlimited or download Beethoven: Symphonies 1-9 & Overtures (Remastered HD) by Herbert von Karajan in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

Good call. Download in progress, and I'm not exactly a particular fan of Herbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X