• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
    Amazon.de have the Karajan Opera Box on DG (70CDs) for EUR 80 plus p&p. It's a limited offer, so hurry!
    Many thanks for that. Duly ordered, £62.24 including p&p to UK.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kamisama View Post
      It seems to require one to subscribe to Amazon Prime...
      Not so. I am not so subscribed but ordered successfully.

However, offer now seems to have ended.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

Tempting at that price, but I will probably show restraint. If anyone is interested, there is only one left and an hour to go! (There's a countdown ticker - something I don't remember seeing before.)

Comment

• Kamisama
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Not so. I am not so subscribed but ordered successfully.

However, offer now seems to have ended.
          Strange. When I first went to the item page I could only see the option to buy with Prime. After reading your message I returned to the page and the reduced price was still available but with the standard buy button showing. I made the purchase (EUR 85.63) even though the countdown looked like it should have ended by then.

Anyway, thanks go to you and Parry1912.
          Last edited by Kamisama; 23-11-15, 17:17. Reason: New information

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kamisama View Post
            Strange. When I first went to the item page I could only see the option to buy with Prime. After reading your message I returned to the page and the reduced price was still available but with the standard buy button showing. I made the purchase (EUR 85.63) even though the countdown looked like it should have ended by then.

Anyway, thanks go to you and Parry1912.
            Glad you made it in time. I paid in £s (£62.24) but my online confirmation shows the Euro amount upon which amazon.de's conversion was based, €85.63.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

My 89p per disc (when p&p is taken into consideration) Karajan Operas box arrived today.

Comment

• Kamisama
                • Mar 2015

My 89p per disc (when p&p is taken into consideration) Karajan Operas box arrived today.
                Likewise. A most agreeable birthday present, well done Amazon Logistics.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

A great bargain that HvK opera set. Sadly, there are too many duplications for me (missed it anyway!).

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                    A great bargain that HvK opera set. Sadly, there are too many duplications for me (missed it anyway!).
                    I have all of the orchestral 1960s, 1970s and 1980s boxes but the opera set seemed too expensive for the little, not being much of an opera fan, I would have got out of it. In any case, I already have Karajan's Ring. That said, at the offer price it would have been worth it for the sake of completeness but I missed it too.
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                      I have all of the orchestral 1960s, 1970s and 1980s boxes but the opera set seemed too expensive for the little, not being much of an opera fan, I would have got out of it. In any case, I already have Karajan's Ring. That said, at the offer price it would have been worth it for the sake of completeness but I missed it too.
                      Not a major opera fan in general terms myself, but I thought to myself, "with HvK at the helm they should at least be reliable performances which might just open my ears to works I might otherwise have let pass me by". Now why could Universal have not bought EMI? That way I could have got his PeM too.

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Not a major opera fan in general terms myself, but I thought to myself, "with HvK at the helm they should at least be reliable performances which might just open my ears to works I might otherwise have let pass me by". Now why could Universal have not bought EMI? That way I could have got his PeM too.
                        PeM? Lost me there!

Well, maybe - perhaps Debussy, Pelleas et Melisande - bit OT for Wagner.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Debussy, Pelleas et Melisande - bit OT for Wagner.
                          Not the way Herbie plays it......

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                            Not the way Herbie plays it......

But P&M would then have appeared in the bargain "Karajan Operas" box, so "on topic", Dave. And, like Bryn, I lament the lost possibility of a "complete Karajan" Wagner box.
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

But P&M would then have appeared in the bargain "Karajan Operas" box, so "on topic", Dave. And, like Bryn, I lament the lost possibility of a "complete Karajan" Wagner box.
                              Actually, I raised the lack of PeM in the context of the whole DG Karajan operas box. I was not intending to restrict my comment to the Wagner discs in that box. Of the 70 discs in the box, only 18 are of Wagner music dramas, and there are no Wagner opera discs in the set.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

Actually, I raised the lack of PeM in the context of the whole DG Karajan operas box. I was not intending to restrict my comment to the Wagner discs in that box. Of the 70 discs in the box, only 18 are of Wagner music dramas, and there are no Wagner opera discs in the set.
                                Sorry for the confusion. However, doesn't this earlier EMI box have a version of PeM - http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/...lbum_id=186411

May not be available at obvious outlets currently in the UK - http://www.amazon.com/Karajan-100th-.../dp/B000ZBPQEE or at a reasonably affordable price anywhere in that form.

I'll add that to my listening list.

Comment

Working...
                                X