X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PJPJ
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

They look like Love Hearts (anyone remember those? Fizzy sweets with little Romantic messages on, like "You? Do me a Favour!", "Tried Using Clearasil?", "Even if I said 'Yes', My Guide Dog Would Object". Or was that just the packets I bought?)
    As long as they aren't performance-enhancing drugs.......

Comment

• Mark Meldon

Adrian Boult's Warner (EMI) Vaughan Williams box set only £10.62 on amazon. Szell's wonderful Cleveland Beethoven Sony box only £7.99. I have bought the former, but already have the latter. Boult is a big bargain! Best,

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
        As long as they aren't performance-enhancing drugs.......

There is a touch of blue!

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Not physical CDs but QOBUZ has the Jansons RCO 'live' 13 disc set (the DVD of Mahler 4 is omitted) as lossless 44.1/16 downloads, replete with digital booklet, for €19.99. The CDs + DVD cost around five times that on amazon.co.uk, and that's a low price in itself.

Looks as though one can buy for £15.99 in UK currency - and that all that's needed is an account - not a commitment to a streaming package. I'll probably check it out later on.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            Looks as though one can buy for £15.99 in UK currency - and that all that's needed is an account - not a commitment to a streaming package. I'll probably check it out later on.
            That's right, though my invoice was actually in Euros approximately equivalent to that amount.
            Last edited by Bryn; 10-09-15, 20:49. Reason: Typo.

Comment

• charles t
              • Nov 2010

In today's Wall St. Journal, lengthy article - acquiring the Decca catalog & more (for peanuts...so-to-speak):

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

Europadisc are currently offering up to 40% off many Warner box sets...

Some great bargains here!

Comment

• Stunsworth
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  Are there any particular highlighs for you Bryn? Do you know or have you heard many of the performances included? The lists seem to be

This might actually induce me to join Qobuz - though I've not quite worked out what business model they are using. Can any Qobuz member buy downloads, or are there different levels of membership? I noticed something yesterday with different pricing, and mention of "Sublime" which I didn't have time to check out.
                  Anyone with a Qobuz account can buy downloads.

Sublime is a specific type of account where you pay upfront for a year's lossless streaming - that's 16/44.1 FLAC. That works out quite a bit cheaper than paying monthly for the same service. What it also gives you is the ability to buy a large range of high resolution albums at a discounted price. The price for 'standard' lossless albums is unaffected. High resolution may be anything from 24/44.1 to 24/192 depending on what the label has provided. Not all labels offer a discount to Sublime subscribers, ECM and Chandos are two of those.

I've been a Sublime subscriber for almost 12 months, and will almost certainly renew the subscription when it comes up for renewal.
                  Steve

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                    Europadisc are currently offering up to 40% off many Warner box sets...

Some great bargains here!
                    But check whether you've got the cheapest alternative within this list of bargains, as some recordings like Bruckner/Jochum appear more than once in more than one guise.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                      But check whether you've got the cheapest alternative within this list of bargains, as some recordings like Bruckner/Jochum appear more than once in more than one guise.
                      Also compare MDT with the same boxes - eg Jochum/Bruckner £1 cheaper than Europa.

Comment

• MickyD
                        • Nov 2010

Thanks, gurnemanze...I didn't realise MDT were still going. And I see they are already cheaper, for example with the big Callas box, by about £5.

Comment

• richardfinegold
                          • Sep 2012

Just ordered the complete LvB Quartets /Tokyo Qt for $11.00 on Amazon

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Has anybody found a full listing for the new Rattle/ CBSO 52 CD box set ?
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                              • Jan 2014

Presto -usually the seller to check first:

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
                                Presto -usually the seller to check first:
                                http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/W...ics/2564610055
                                That is where I usually check, CS, it just doesnt look like the full listing to me.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X