Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anamnesis

Just stumbled over: Ebay, Beethoven sonatas, complete set of 9 CDs (released 2008), Arthur Schnabel: £4.95, free delivery from Germany. If this offer was mentioned before, I must apologise, but I couldn't bother to read along the 506 pages...
    Cheers

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Not great deal, but Linn are now doing their annual Christmas freebies - which at least show off the quality of their recordings. http://www.linnrecords.com/

The first one has a Scottish flavour - Caledonia.

The master recordings should be impressive, though I think only stereo. I'll check that. Some of the disc versions are multi-channel.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        ... impressive, though I think only stereo.
        Oh dear! And the policemen are getting younger ...

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Today (Sat 29/11/14) Only!

Europadisc are offering the entire NIMBUS catalogue (Historic, World, Jazz, Early as well as the more usual "standard" Western Classical Tradition[s] repertoire) at 40% off.

If EdgeleyRob's reading - there's the MP3CD of Bowyer's complete recordings of Bach's Organ works for under £15 (and similarly the Fischer Haydn Symphonies) - and lots of "neglected Brits", too.

AND, Tony's recording of the Mozart Horn Concertos with the Hanover Band.

Offer ends at midnight, and there's 900 discs to choose from - so it might be worth putting an hour aside to check the catalogue if there isn't a/aren't particular disc/s that you know you want.

Beggur "Black Friday" - this is a real "offer"!
          Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 29-11-14, 17:55.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Europadisc are a leading supplier of recorded classical, opera and chamber music on CD, DVD, SACD and Blu-ray. Worldwide shipping and titles ready for despatch.

... sorry, forgot to add!

Comment

• JFLL
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Europadisc are offering the entire NIMBUS catalogue (Historic, World, Jazz, Early as well as the more usual "standard" Western Classical Tradition[s] repertoire) at 40% off.
              Including the Adam Fischer complete Haydn symphonies on MP3 for £14.97 -- that's less than 14p per symphony, taking into account the extras such as the Sinfonia Concertante, violin concertos etc.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
                Including the Adam Fischer complete Haydn symphonies on MP3 for £14.97 -- that's less than 14p per symphony, taking into account the extras such as the Sinfonia Concertante, violin concertos etc.
                Don't forget you can listen to these via the Haydn link in our reference library.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Don't forget you can listen to these via the Haydn link in our reference library.
                  Rob - did you notice the complete organ set: the whole lot for less than the price of a single premium CD? (Only half-an-hour left!)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

If EdgeleyRob's reading - there's the MP3CD of Bowyer's complete recordings of Bach's Organ works for under £15 (and similarly the Fischer Haydn Symphonies) - and lots of "neglected Brits", too.

AND, Tony's recording of the Mozart Horn Concertos with the Hanover Band.

Offer ends at midnight, and there's 900 discs to choose from - so it might be worth putting an hour aside to check the catalogue if there isn't a/aren't particular disc/s that you know you want.

Beggur "Black Friday" - this is a real "offer"!
                    Thanks Ferney.
                    I'm told Santa already has a Marie-Claire Alain set for me.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Rob - did you notice the complete organ set: the whole lot for less than the price of a single premium CD? (Only half-an-hour left!)
                      Thanks fhg,cross posted.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Good old Santa!

Comment

• JFLL
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          Thanks Rob, that's a superb source which I had missed. As far as I can see full versions by Fischer, Dorati and (for the earlier ones) Hogwood!

Actually, my recommendation was purely altruistic, as I have the Fischer set in MP3 and later got most of them also in CD. But I think I now prefer Hogwood or Goodman (despite plinking harpsichord) in the earlier ones and Brüggen or Kuijken in the later ones. I seem to be getting more HIPP in my old age (never thought it would happen! ) I've recently taken to playing the symphonies chronologically on my afternoon walks. What gems there are in the earlier, unknown ones!

Comment

• MickyD
                            • Nov 2010

I do so agree, JFLL...the earlier Haydn symphonies are the ones I listen to most, they are charming.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                              • Nov 2010

Stephen Hough: 5 CDs for just under £11...

Steve

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Just saw this site linked on another thread.

anybody use it?

there looks to be some interesting material.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X