• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Sorry ts - looks like it was a steal!
    C'mon ts, otherwise I'll go for it! I think there is still one left. I did once see Oscar Peterson live - great experience. Much better than those TV slots we used to get many years ago - perhaps I just didn't appreciate them, but as I recall they were tucked into other programmes. Live he was much more vibrant.

Can I assume that this CD is no longer available?

Comment

• mathias broucek
      • Nov 2010

It's NOT the complete box, it's vol 1/3

Found out too late. Grrrrr! Have emailed customer services

Update: refund promised. Faith somewhat restored.
      Last edited by mathias broucek; 12-11-14, 23:21.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
        It's NOT the complete box, it's vol 1/3

Found out too late. Grrrrr! Have emailed customer services

Update: refund promised. Faith somewhat restored.
        Sorry MB, seems to be a lot of that going on at present.

Thanks for the other Jazz suggestions guys. Still a 65 p Night Train left...might go for that. Not safe to go out to work for the day without everything decent getting snaffled......!!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Sorry MB, seems to be a lot of that going on at present.

Thanks for the other Jazz suggestions guys. Still a 65 p Night Train left...might go for that. Not safe to go out to work for the day without everything decent getting snaffled......!!

All you Lorin fans - not bad value - and if you burn off 9(5cds) it fits in the VPO Maazel box - so no extra space on your shelves needed. (Other Mahler boxes are available to fit them in!)
          ..and if Signum are looking in 4-6 at the same download price please!!!!

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

I ordered this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00
            for a bit over £28. Now it's £24.63, yet my set isn't scheduled to arrive until Monday. I think I can claim the price difference since the price has dropped, but I don't know who to contact. Anyone done this recently?

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              for a bit over £28. Now it's £24.63, yet my set isn't scheduled to arrive until Monday. I think I can claim the price difference since the price has dropped, but I don't know who to contact. Anyone done this recently?
              From what I recall, you don't have to do anything. They advise of the refund at the time of dispatch. I suppose that if the price drop occurs after dispatch, it might not qualify for a refund.

[Oh, hang on. Doesn't the lowest price guarantee only apply to 'pre-orders' of new releases?]
              Last edited by Bryn; 15-11-14, 00:12. Reason: Update.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                If it was a pre-release order, it's as per Bryn's post.

If not, do what I did. I used the 'call back' option in the 'contact us' section and moaned about it and said it was a big reduction, and I was very unhappy, loyal customer, etc etc. They refunded me the difference (it was less of a price-change than your example).

I'm not usually so parsimonious, it was just so irritating that the price dropped within about 10 hours of my placing the order.

Edit: I've just looked at that set, and what an amazing collection! And just £25 - it's crazy!! I'm sure you've quite a few duplications now. Too many duplications for me, I think.
                Last edited by Beef Oven!; 15-11-14, 00:27.

Comment

• johnb
                  • Mar 2007

The Hyperion Brahms Chamber Music box was praised (?) in a recent thread.

JPC currently have a special offer on quite a few Hyperion releases and the Brahms box is priced at 26.99 Euros. Many of the Hyperion offers have a message "deliverable within a week (if available from supplier)" which might indicate that they have run out of stock and we are too late.

Die CD Johannes Brahms: Kammermusik (Gesamt-Aufnahme) jetzt probehören und portofrei kaufen. Mehr von Johannes Brahms gibt es im Shop.

Also the Hyperion Robert Simpson Symphonies are 21.99 Euros.

Die CD Robert Simpson: Symphonien Nr.1-11 jetzt probehören und portofrei für 39,99 Euro kaufen. Mehr von Robert Simpson gibt es im Shop.
                  Last edited by johnb; 17-11-14, 20:02.

Comment

• Parry1912
                    • Nov 2010

"Britten: The Performer" (27CDs) at base.com for £34.19 (inc p&p) looks a good price. Cheaper than Amazon (that'll teach 'em to bin Pricenoia)
                    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                      [from Amazon.es] My name is William , first of all, I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have encountered in your purchase of The Real Chopin: Complete Works on Period Instrument, I have checked for the product´s availability so we can send you exactly what you ordered but it is unfortunately out of stock. . .

Ah well - at least they are being polite and apologetic and have promised a full refund.
                      I experienced the same problem - Chopin Songs instead of piano music - and had roughly the same story from Amazon.es (my copy had been sent from somewhere in France, judging from the tracking info). Rather than ask for a refund, I decided on what I thought at the time was probably a foolish whim to ask for the article to be resent. I accompanied my request with a note - in Spanish (thanks, Google Translate) - explaining about the mix-up of titles etc. I received a note back telling me that they were using their best endeavours to send the correct item etc etc and then received notification that a new copy had been sent (from a different depot in France). I was therefore expecting another copy of Chopin Songs but, when Chronopost delivered the Amazon box earlier this afternoon, it contained, hey, the 21 CD box of piano music. So, thanks to Vinteuil for spotting it - and, in fairness, to Amazon Espana for sticking to their side of the bargain.

Comment

• Pianorak
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                        when Chronopost delivered the Amazon box earlier this afternoon, it contained, hey, the 21 CD box of piano music. So, thanks to Vinteuil for spotting it - and, in fairness, to Amazon Espana for sticking to their side of the bargain.
                        Very pleased for you (says he through gritted teeth)
                        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                          • Nov 2010

Sorry, Pianorak!! I was certain that it was going to be the songs again (I've had similar re-sends of the same wrong box from the dreaded Zoverstocks).

Comment

• Pianorak
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                            the dreaded Zoverstocks).
                            No, no, no! Have bought from them for years; never had any problems. In fact, have just ordered some more Schubert (which I need like a hole in my head). But maybe my luck is going to run out soon, who knows.
                            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                              No, no, no! Have bought from them for years; never had any problems. In fact, have just ordered some more Schubert (which I need like a hole in my head). But maybe my luck is going to run out soon, who knows.
                              they have failed to deliver several times, but refunded no probs at all.

I have no worries about using them, though if there is a comparable price available I tend to use the competitor.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                                • Nov 2010

Free sampler from Linn - use the promotion code EXAKT at checkout to reduce the price to zero...

Super, Audio, sampler, Collection, 7, linn, lin, records, linn records, linn recods, studio, studio master, studio mater, 24, 24bit, 24 bit

Available in resolutions from MP3 to 24/192.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X