• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
    Is this a way into Wagner......? Certainly at that price it's tempting..
    ???

The Sacred Music box, muzzer? Well, in some people's opinion, all that Plainchant ...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• muzzer
      • Nov 2013

haha. this one

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
        Discussed in posts 4901 - 07 above, muzzer ("page" 491): very recommendable - and now £4 cheaper!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Parry1912
          • Nov 2010

HM's La Discotheque Ideale box (25CDs) can be had for about £23.50 here

La Discotheque Ideale? Didn't I go there in the 70s?
          Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• hafod
            • Nov 2010

Discussed recently on these boards - Beethoven: Complete Piano Sonatas [Ronald Brautigam]: now down to under £37.

There is a third Ansermet box - The Great European Tradition (31 discs). Not yet available on AmUK but AmIt has it for under €58.

Mouth-watering contents list at jpc.

Finally, at AmUK Hogwood's Mozart symphony box for a paltry £22, Gergiev's LSO Live Mahler cycle a tad under £20 and Stoki's Columbia Stereo Recordings for £9.11 - all previously discussed.

STOP PRESS: the new Backhaus concerto box listed on AmUK at £66 is under €21 at AmIt.

Comment

• MickyD
              • Nov 2010

The 19 CD Hogwood set is the most amazing bargain! I think I paid well over £100 for it years ago, but it was in a deluxe box with extensive notes by Zaslaw. Even so, not much to pay now and a nice way to celebrate the pioneering work of Christopher Hogwood.

Comment

• Madame Suggia
                • Sep 2012

Great Symphonies: The Zurich Years 1995-2014 [Limited Deluxe]

50 discs,

Amazon ASIN: B00I0IL3FA

£14.50 + p&p

I've no idea what this is like as I've not got it.

Comment

• hafod
                  • Nov 2010

Some amazing bargains below - most still available but haemorrhageing quickly

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    Discussed in posts 4901 - 07 above, muzzer ("page" 491): very recommendable - and now £4 cheaper!
                    A 40CD set @ £12 53+ £1 26p delivery- a steal at this price - delivered, today. Richard Wagner; Great Recordings. I've checked to ensure that each cardboard container has the correct CD!

In particular, I'm pleased to add the Staatskapelle Dresden/Marek Janowski, complete Ring cycle as my earlier recording was on cassette, late 70s,early 80s. I've just listened to Act 1, Die Walkure, a fine transfer, as I was keen to hear Jessye Norman as Sieglinde as I remember well when she also sang this role in a concert performance of Act I at the Music Hall, Aberdeen, with SNO/Alex Gibson in the second half of the 70s, her magnificent burnished tones exquisitely sensing the acoustics of the Hall. The spell remains in the recording.

In due course, I look forward to a complete Parsifal, Vienna Staatsoper/H v K and the Keilberth Lohengrin. An enticing set of historical recordings with Melchior and Traubel, also include the well remembered CBS/Sony covers. Many other real treasures, too. Bargain of the year.

Comment

• Parry1912
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                      http://bons-plans-classique.blogspot.co.uk/
                      Oh my goodness! I'm hyperventilating! Quick, pass me the brandy! and my credit card!!
                      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Odd that on some sites some of the CDs (e.g the Zinman set, the Bream set) are 21.99 Euros and dispatched from the UK, while on other sites they are also 21.99 Euros, but dispatched from Germany.

The French site is good for these two, but the German and Italian sites may be better for some of the others. I didn't look at the Spanish one.

I'd better not look again, or I'll end up with Perahia and Gould sets as well!

Correction - the Zinman set is available for around £15 from the UK site, so there may not be any point in ordering from the French site - unless trying to optimise the postage.

It is in fact cheaper to buy the Bream set from France, and the Zinman set from the UK, even with two different postage charges.

The listing of the Perahia set is here - http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/sea...rahia+40+years
                        Last edited by Dave2002; 20-10-14, 18:31.

Comment

• Rolmill
                          • Nov 2010

I'm in your debt again Hafod - just impulse-bought the Zinman set (also noted by Madame Suggia above) and the first RCA Living Stereo box. I suspect I will have to give them up to swmbo to add to my Christmas presents, but at 110 CDs (for less than £32 ) that's a lot of Yuletide listening to look forward to...

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

wow.

Just crossed myself off several folks Xmas lists !!

Well done Hafers and madame S

Like Roly, went for Living Stereo 1, Zinman, Great recordings, and a used copy of the Piano box for £6.50.

Only 2 months to wait !!
                            Last edited by teamsaint; 20-10-14, 18:46.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johnb
                              • Mar 2007

Those are remarkable bargains!

I couldn't resist the Living Stereo 1 and the Zinman boxes.

(I'm rather miffed to see the Julian Bream there at 21,99 € after paying around £80 earlier this year.)

Comment

• groovydavidii
                                • Dec 2010

Spotted today Southampton HMV store, a couple of "Westminster Legacy," 40-CD boxes reduced from £69.99 to £19.99!

Comment

Working...
                                X