X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Is that an indication you like Rysanek in that role? If so, I'll crawl back under my rock.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      Is that an indication you like Rysanek in that role? If so, I'll crawl back under my rock.
      Oops - no; just my careless copying (rather than editing) your post. I've now so edited, to make clear that it was to your comment about the Böhm Ring that I was raising my glass.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Yerrrs; but you have had nearly thirty years joy from them whilst the rest of us waited for the price to come down
        Good point. The three later Ring operas were, if I remember correctly, £43 each while Rheingold came in at £26, I think. That's £155. In 1986 that seemed normal enough though in retrospect we were ripped off in those days.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Pianorak
          • Nov 2010

Oops - no;. . .
          Phew! That's a relief.
          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• verismissimo
            • Nov 2010

Oops - no; just my careless copying (rather than editing) your post. I've now so edited, to make clear that it was to your comment about the Böhm Ring that I was raising my glass.
            The arrival of Nilsson in Act 2 is absolutely stunning IMO.

Comment

• mathias broucek
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
              .... though in retrospect we were ripped off in those days.
              I agree with the spirit of what you say

Although I suspect that opera releases have never been all that profitable.....

Comment

• Parry1912
                • Nov 2010

Or there's always the Sony Wagner Box: 40CDs for £13.79 on Amazon

There's also the Sony 'Domingo - Verdi Collection: 15CDs for £15.52, also on Amazon
                Last edited by Parry1912; 09-09-14, 13:28.
                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                  Or there's always the Sony Wagner Box: 40CDs for £13.79 on [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Wagner-Great-Recordings-R/dp/]
                  Blimey that is good value! ('Tho' I would gratefully have dropped the Maazel/Stokowski "without voices" discs to include a Tannhauser.) I might even ....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

... I did.

(Anyone else so tempted, be careful to select the "Books to Anywhere" option, as it gets expensive from other suppliers!)

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Couple of bargains I think.

The download for the Ferneyhough.....

And market place for the Lutoslawski.

Not sure if these prices have been around long or not.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Cheers, ts - I already have both of these, so no more spending today!

Both sets mega-recommendable: I've owned the Lutos recordings since LP days; I think the set cost me £30 in 1980. Then £7.99 per CD when they came out individually on EMI Matrix in the early '90s. Throppers gave me the nudge on the Ferneyhough set back in April: fhg heaven!

I really cannot believe that I went for the Wagner box - but that other Karajan Parsifal was worth the £14 alone.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Cheers, ts - I already have both of these, so no more spending today!

Both sets mega-recommendable: I've owned the Lutos recordings since LP days; I think the set cost me £30 in 1980. Then £7.99 per CD when they came out individually on EMI Matrix in the early '90s. Throppers gave me the nudge on the Ferneyhough set back in April: fhg heaven!

I really cannot believe that I went for the Wagner box - but that other Karajan Parsifal was worth the £14 alone.
                          Oh I assumed you already had them, and spare copies for the car.......you DO have spare copies for the car, and one for best ?.......

I am being good at the moment, ( though it doesnt FEEL good) as I have shedloads of new stuff to get through......

( about time @Noggo came back).
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                            • Nov 2010

Does this count as a bargain?

Glyndebourne Mastersingers DVD; £13.99 instead of £34 http://www.selections.com/wagner-die...vds-10246.html

It's in the 'clearance' section of the site - lots of interesting things, but not very searchable. This -

is next to this -

Comment

• Parry1912
                              • Nov 2010

Perhaps they're suggesting that Brucie sold his soul? Might explain a few things!

Incidentally, I notice he's singing "Thank heavens for little girls". Have Operation Yewtree looked into this? Only kidding!
                              Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                                Perhaps they're suggesting that Brucie sold his soul? Might explain a few things!

Incidentally, I notice he's singing "Thank heavens for little girls". Have Operation Yewtree looked into this? Only kidding!
                                Not if the recent helicopter-assisted visit to Sir Clifford's premises is anything to go by - that draught would have sent Sir Brucie's syrup four counties away, surely?

Comment

Working...
                                X