Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hafod
    • Nov 2010

Amazon Italy has the Bruggen Beethoven symphony cycle with the Orchstra of the 18th century + the violin concerto with Zehetmair, for €11.37. The ASIN is B00KNTLZ5W. It is available from 9 September.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
      Amazon Italy has the Bruggen Beethoven symphony cycle with the Orchstra of the 18th century + the violin concerto with Zehetmair, for €11.37. The ASIN is B00KNTLZ5W. It is available from 9 September.
      Well spotted - I'll check that out.

There is also a box of piano music by Aldo Ciccolini at am.uk - now around £37 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ords=Ciccolini [56 CDs]

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
        That's £12.42 including p&p to the U.K.

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Talking of Barbirolli and Viennese Nights this 2 disc set from the Barbirolli Society can be obtained for £2.75 including p and p through amazon from Dutton directly . Not sure if you can still buy from the Dutton site

Not only do you get a lovely 1960s HMV Viennese Night programme with a typically gorgeous Gold and Silver waltz but thrown in on the second CD the 1960s Schubert 9 with the Halle and Barbirolli which for me is a desert island disc !

Comment

• Parry1912
            • Nov 2010

It's back again! Liszt: Master and Magician 26CDs for £16.06
            Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
              Let me tell you how it will be....'cause I'm the Taxman - Oh yeah I'm the Taxman AND YOU'RE WORKING FOR NO-ONE BUT ME!

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

That's not inclusive of the £1.26 p&p. There is a slightly cheaper option of £16.11 including that p&p charge (from All Your Music at the top of the "New" list).

Comment

• Howdenite
                  • Nov 2010

If you download, eClassical has the Brautigam Beethoven Sonatas on offer this week. It's $42.68 (should be about/just under £30) for FLAC format, and $62.79 for FLAC 24 bit. Not sure whether this is really a bargain, but it is quite a bit less than most prices.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                    • Jan 2014

Again - about downloads.
                    This 25% off iTunes promotion (via one's Paypal account) might be of interest - it was running yesterday and appears still to be available, but don't hesitate, as I'm not sure when it will end or if it will continue tomorrow.

Looking for the perfect digital gift? Here at PayPal we offer many hassle-free ways you can send digital gifts online or purchase gift cards using PayPal

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

I know fairly little about Daniel Hope's "Spheres" - other than this YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNFQb0fwgI

am.de has it for 7.99 Euros, though whether that's really much cheaper than elsewhere I'm not sure. http://www.amazon.de/Spheres-Daniel-...78KC1TNSCC1XSM

Comment

• johnb
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        That's not inclusive of the £1.26 p&p. There is a slightly cheaper option of £16.11 including that p&p charge (from All Your Music at the top of the "New" list).
                        And the £14.85 All Your Music price sneaks in under the VAT/Duty limit whereas the £16.06 price just might attract VAT and handling charges.

Comment

• Parry1912
                          • Nov 2010

Opera Baroque 42CDs for £44.21 at Europadisc looks a good price.
                          Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

... yes, a good price. Sadly, for me, too many works already on the shelves. The set comprises :

39 CDs, 3 DVDs, 1 CD-Rom and four detailed booklets - Blow: Venus and Adonis, Campra: Idoménée, Cavalli: La Calisto, Charpentier: Médée and Le Malade imaginaire, Erlebach: Overture No. 4, Graun:Cleopatra & Cesare, Handel: Rinaldo, Flavio and Giulio Cesare in Egitto, Keiser: Croesus and La Ridicule Prince Jodelet Sinfonia, Lully: Atys, Monteverdi: L'Orfeo, L'Incoronazione di Poppea and Il Combattimento di Tancredi e Clorinda, Purcell: Dido and Aeneas, Rameau:Les Indes Galante, Rore: Ancor che co'l partire, Scarlatti: La Griselda, Schieferdecker: Premiere Concert musicaux, Schurmann: Suite Ludovicus Paris, Telemann: Orpheus and Vecchi: L'Amfiparnaso.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

It's a very good price. Around 60% of what I paid for it a year ago. Not to be sniffed at.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

I'll have to think about that one (msg 4799 Opera Baroque).

I'm not sure if this Wagner 4CD set of Götterdämmerung conducted by Böhm is a good buy - http://www.selections.com/wagner-got...cds-11093.html for £10.99.
                                I think I have that, or a similar version, as a download.

Comment

Working...
                                X