X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
    ... and BIS can sometimes be infuriating : some will recall the marvellous four boxes of ten CDs each of the Suzuki Bach cantatas - but BIS did not produce similar boxes for the subsequent cantatas, which had to be bought as separate CDs - because by then they were bringing out a Big Box....

I am nursing a feeble hope that BIS will eventually produce a big bargain box of the ongoing CPE Bach keyboard works....
    I thought that I had seen a boxing of the CPE Harpsichord Concertos with Spanyi, and it was dissapointing to discover that I was mistaken.

Comment

• Parry1912
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      Amazon.it has the Icon Silvestri box for around 10 Euros - http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00A...e_epc__1p_0_ti
      Thanks Dave
      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• hafod
        • Nov 2010

Beethoven: Symphonies 1-9 (5 discs): John Nelson, Ensemble Orchestral de Paris, Naive Sa, €3.99 at AmIt.

Just rocketed in price. He who hesitates......
        Last edited by hafod; 21-08-14, 17:13. Reason: update

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

The same source (am.it) has Richard Goode playing Beethoven piano concertos with Ivan Fischer for around 10 Euros. http://www.amazon.it/Beethoven-The-C...7BJSX9240WVBHX

I've not gone for that one though. Nah - I don't really need yet another piano concerto set!

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
            Beethoven: Symphonies 1-9 (5 discs): John Nelson, Ensemble Orchestral de Paris, Naive Sa, €3.99 at AmIt.

Just rocketed in price. He who hesitates......
            Now around 66 Euros. I noticed, as I thought of cancelling my order and adding in the Beethoven piano concertos after all. Fortunately I didn't! (Cancel, that is ...)

Comment

• PJPJ
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
              I thought that I had seen a boxing of the CPE Harpsichord Concertos with Spanyi, and it was dissapointing to discover that I was mistaken.
              Download at half-price, $4.64, today only, Vol 1 in the series.......

CPE Bach keyboard concertos Vol 1.html

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post

Looks like this one, via Spotify - http://open.spotify.com/track/736dPAP2sTpKlFz5Uspxj4

Comment

• vinteuil
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post

... yebbut - nobut - yebbut - nobut - yebbut - - -

I want

a) nice shiny silver discs

b) the Gesammelte-Werke, not just one tiddly volume

Nice try, tho' ...

Comment

• Barbirollians
                    • Nov 2010

Radu Lupu's sensational 1974 coupling of Mozart's 12th and 21st Piano Concertos is available from a Marketplace seller for £3.96 new . This is an utterly enchanting record I have only recently discovered . The recording of the 12th in particular is awe inspiring .

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

There is also this Radu Lupu/Murray Perahia CD - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mozart-Conce...ords=Radu+Lupu - though how two of them play three pianos I'm not sure.

I don't know whether that one is any good.

I have a recording by Brendel of one (some) of the early concertos - I think perhaps 9 and 12, which is also delightful. I find his performances of later concertos "solid" rather than entrancing, and I would recommend others, such as Stephen Kovacevich, and perhaps Richard Goode, for the later ones. That's putting aside the claims of others such as Malcolm Bilson, and Robert Levin - who i would also advocate.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Tut, tut, Date. Every schoolboy knows that Mozart made an arrangement of K242 for 2 pianos.

Those recordings are also in the bargain Sony box of Mozart piano concerto with Perahia.

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Tut, tut, Date. Every schoolboy knows that Mozart made an arrangement of K242 for 2 pianos.

Those recordings are also in the bargain Sony box of Mozart piano concerto with Perahia.
                          Sorry - I'm now too old to go to school, though perhaps the Freudian slip in my name is a suggestion.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                            Radu Lupu's sensational 1974 coupling of Mozart's 12th and 21st Piano Concertos is available from a Marketplace seller for £3.96 new . This is an utterly enchanting record I have only recently discovered . The recording of the 12th in particular is awe inspiring .
                            Thanks - duly ordered

Comment

• Dave2002
                              • Dec 2010

John Ogdon 6 CD set with some interesting music - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new Presumably even if ordered from Canada will clear Customs easily - if indeed it goes that way at all.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

MDT has some CDs by Jose Serebrier, including this rather good set of Glazunov symphonies - http://www.mdt.co.uk/glazunov-comple...sics-8cds.html for under £20.

Comment

Working...
                                X