Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Following on from the last msg 4725, I remembered this trombone CD - http://www.selections.com/trombone-m...g-friends.html which is rather good, and worth a lot more than 45p.

Leo Sowerby is also worthy of some investigation, and there are also a few Peter Dickinson CDs in the Albany collection.

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

A big Decca set of Rachmaninov's complete works, due for release soon, with some interesting artists on offer:

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        A big Decca set of Rachmaninov's complete works, due for release soon, with some interesting artists on offer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...e_epc__1p_7_ti
        Also from Italy for a bit less - http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00K...e_epc__1p_1_ti

I've still not located a CD contents listing.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Well spotted, Dave! An even better bargain. I must say, I am very tempted by this set, I think it looks full of great things.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

The Italian Amazon link leads to a complete track and artist listing if you click on the right place on the page linked to, i.e. on the truncated listing presented on that page.
            Last edited by Bryn; 13-08-14, 10:02.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              The Italian Amazon link leads to a complete track and artist listing if you click on the right place on the page linked to, i.e. on the truncated listing presented on that page.
              It's all in Italian :yikes;

What's Italian for 'truncated listng' ?

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

What's Italian for 'truncated listng' ?
                I've bought a couple of cd sets in Italian and just hoped I'd pressed the right answers!

Comment

• MickyD
                  • Nov 2010

Sorry, Bryn, I don't see what you mean...I can't find the complete list. Can you be a bit more explicit?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    I've bought a couple of cd sets in Italian and just hoped I'd pressed the right answers!
                    I've ordered plenty in Italian and not a dud yet but I don't follow what Bryn is suggesting ... and that's in English

Comment

• AmpH
                      • Feb 2012

Re : Rachmaninov box set - details here on the Decca website :-

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                        Re : Rachmaninov box set - details here on the Decca website :-

http://www.deccaclassics.com/gb/cat/...sentation=flow
                        Many thanks AmpH

I wonder if it will come with English translations of the song/opera texts

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

What's Italian for 'truncated list[i]ng' ?
                          Ah. I was using a smartphone running Android. That presents a page which includes a truncated listing of the first disc. If clicked on, that listing expands into a full listing of all the discs.

Comment

• MickyD
                            • Nov 2010

Many thanks AmpH

I wonder if it will come with English translations of the song/opera texts
                            Presumably if it is a limited edition, it will be the same box available internationally?

Comment

• Dave2002
                              • Dec 2010

Well spotted, Dave! An even better bargain. I must say, I am very tempted by this set, I think it looks full of great things.
                              If you haven't already put in an order on the Italian site it might be wise to check the various Amazon sites if you wish to purchase this item - Rachmaninov set. The price seems to have risen in the last day or two, so now the UK site might be comparable in pricing, when you take into account the postage.

Good that others have tracked down the listings.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

Presumably if it is a limited edition, it will be the same box available internationally?
                                I think that will be the case, though I have noted one or two country/language specific issues on both German and Italian sites in recent weeks. There are usually a few clues on the box covers - such as Chinese characters on one or two sets which I bought while abroad. If it looks as though it's "English" it probably will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X