Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roehre

Originally posted by hafod View Post
    Full track listing for the Brahms 'Complete' Edition: http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/...lbum_id=221569
    Confirming what I thought already: a complete re-issue of the 1997 edition in a less luxurious box
    (and the 1997 edition is a nearly complete copy of the 1983 Brahms Edition on LP)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
      Confirming what I thought already: a complete re-issue of the 1997 edition in a less luxurious box
      (and the 1997 edition is a nearly complete copy of the 1983 Brahms Edition on LP)
      Are you trying to tell me that Doktor Johannes Brahms has not written a note since 1983?!?

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Is it a good thing to have anyway, particularly at the .it prices? For example, although I really like Anne-Sophie Mutter in the violin concerto, I have never particularly taken to her version with Karajan, and similarly to the double concerto. Are there sufficient gems in the box to make it worthwhile?

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Are you trying to tell me that Doktor Johannes Brahms has not written a note since 1983?!?

He is still de-composing in Vienna

Comment

• amateur51

He is still de-composing in Vienna
            I knew I could rely on you, Roehre

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Good to see that Brilliant Classics have brought out an Eisler Edition (10 CD boxed set), presumably largely if not exclusively licenced from Berlin Classics. Booklet notes available here. Not much detailed info to be found regarding performers at the moment, but they include Rowitha Trexler and Gissela May. amazon.co.uk ASIN: B00JLXEU0I.

I'm not immediately in the market since I am pretty sure I have all the recordings included in their Berlin Classics guise.

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

msg 4626 - about £18 from Switzerland - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  Good to see that Brilliant Classics have brought out an Eisler Edition (10 CD boxed set), presumably largely if not exclusively licenced from Berlin Classics. Booklet notes available here. Not much detailed info to be found regarding performers at the moment, but they include Rowitha Trexler and Gissela May. amazon.co.uk ASIN: B00JLXEU0I.

I'm not immediately in the market since I am pretty sure I have all the recordings included in their Berlin Classics guise.
                  Makes two of us.

Comment

• Radio64
                    • Jan 2014

Bargain?
                    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• visualnickmos
                      • Nov 2010

Anyone who likes Elgar's cello concerto will probably like this; I did.....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
                        About two quid a disc? Seems good value to me, if you like this artist and/or this repertoire.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Karl Richter conducts the Bach Cantatas for £45.14.

Was over £127 a few days ago!

Perhaps not fashionable these days but I couldn't give a hoot for that - I'm sorely tempted to add this set to my shelves.
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• MLF

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            Karl Richter conducts the Bach Cantatas for £45.14.

Was over £127 a few days ago!

Perhaps not fashionable these days but I couldn't give a hoot for that - I'm sorely tempted to add this set to my shelves.
                            Might I commend the Leusink set, available for £42 on Amazon marketplace? I recently invested in a set (having used Spotify to audition the Harnoncourt, Gardiner and Rilling sets also) and am so glad I did.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MLF View Post
                              Might I commend the Leusink set, available for £42 on Amazon marketplace? I recently invested in a set (having used Spotify to audition the Harnoncourt, Gardiner and Rilling sets also) and am so glad I did.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Can...tatas+complete

Or if the budget runs to it, the Brilliant Classics 160 disc box of the complete JS Bach oeuvre, which include the Leusink cantata set. I have not regretted investing in that for one moment.

amazon.co.uk ASIN: B003MRN6PY

Comment

• MickyD
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                                Or if the budget runs to it, the Brilliant Classics 160 disc box of the complete JS Bach oeuvre, which include the Leusink cantata set. I have not regretted investing in that for one moment.

amazon.co.uk ASIN: B003MRN6PY
                                Yes, I'd like to hear those cantata performances compared to the Harnoncourt/Leonhardt set...I presume the instrumental playing is a bit more polished?

Comment

Working...
                                X