X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

The MTT Ruggles was re-issued, under licence, a year or two ago by the excellent Other Minds folk. Just search for "ruggles complete" at Amazon.Co.UK. Sensible price.
    Last edited by Bryn; 11-06-14, 08:12.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
      Surely you mean it the other way around (2 versions of 242 and 1 of 365)
      Indeed.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        The MTT Ruggles was re-issued, under licence, a year or two ago by the excellent Other Minds folk. Just search for "ruggles complete" at Amazon.Co.UK. Sensible price.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
          Amazon's guidelines are quite clear:

On this basis I expect cds sold as 'very good' to be virtually unmarked (and certainly not scratched).
          The recent CD I purchased "used - like new" was OK, but I think I have much older CDs in my collection which look better. The case and booklet are in excellent condition, as described. There are no visible major scratches, but there appear to be what I would call slight scuffing. Actually, to be fair, it does depend what light conditions are used for viewing. It was only marginally more expensive than "used - very good" copies, but I wouldn't pay a lot more for it compared with others. I guess there is some variability in the descriptions, with some sellers providing unopened CDs, or CDs which look completely unplayed, and others taking a somewhat less critical view. Probably not a big deal if the music is wanted, or the CD is difficult to obtain new or is out of print, and if the price is acceptable. In the low price range, say 1p up to £1 generally there shouldn't be too many complaints - and I will think of them as comparable to charity shop purchases - though some of those are excellent - depending on the shop.
          Last edited by Dave2002; 13-06-14, 09:14. Reason: light conditions - viewing

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            ... I have eight of these

K37, K39-41
            K456 & 459
            K488 & 482
            K271 & 414
            K413 & 415, K386
            K450 & 537
            K453 & 466
            K175/382, 451, & 449
            Whoops, well spotted, Vints..obviously my shelves are too full for me to have seen them all...I know I have them!

Comment

• Sir Velo
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              The recent CD I purchased "used - like new" was OK, but I think I have much older CDs in my collection which look better. The case and booklet are in excellent condition, as described. There are no visible major scratches, but there appear to be what I would call slight scuffing. It was only marginally more expensive than "used - very good" copies, but I wouldn't pay a lot more for it compared with others. I guess there is some variability in the descriptions, with some sellers providing unopened CDs, or CDs which look completely unplayed, and others taking a somewhat less critical view. Probably not a big deal if the music is wanted, or the CD is difficult to obtain new or is out of print, and if the price is acceptable. In the low price range, say 1p up to £1 generally there shouldn't be too many complaints - and I will think of them as comparable to charity shop purchases - though some of those are excellent - depending on the shop.
              Why not do what I do, and that is mark the seller down on the Customer Rating. Often you find that a negative review will get them offering either a full or partial refund in return for a 4 star/5 star rating. I've lost track of the extra CDs I've been able to buy as a result of this tactic.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

Fhg:

Bryn beat me to it re Ruggles.
                You might be interested in some recent comments about him and these CDs on the American Music thread when I wrote that I had just bought the set.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  Fhg:

Bryn beat me to it re Ruggles.
                  You might be interested in some recent comments about him and these CDs on the American Music thread when I wrote that I had just bought the set.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Parry1912
                    • Nov 2010

There's a copy of the Kubelik: Symphony Edition available on Amazon Marketplace for less than £20 with postage:

Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• mathias broucek
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                      There's a copy of the Kubelik: Symphony Edition available on Amazon Marketplace for less than £20 with postage:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Symphony...SIN=B00IZ11XA2
                      Done! Thank you!

Comment

• MLF

Thank you, Parry!

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                          Why not do what I do, and that is mark the seller down on the Customer Rating. Often you find that a negative review will get them offering either a full or partial refund in return for a 4 star/5 star rating. I've lost track of the extra CDs I've been able to buy as a result of this tactic.
                          Have you really had so many bad experiences of sub-standard products with marketplace sellers?

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Got to say that I view a 94%er with such a price difference with a question mark or two - interested in the outcome from purchasers! Where does Switzerland stand in terms of HMRC limits?

Comment

• Dave2002
                              • Dec 2010

Thanks - that tips the balance!

Comment

• johnb
                                • Mar 2007

Just one point: the cheap box is dispatched from Switzerland (outside the EU) and is over £15 so I think it should, in theory, attract VAT and handling charges, payable by the purchaser.

Edit: Apologies, I have just looked at the detailed information for the seller and it states:

Prices are displayed inclusive of any applicable VAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X