• Nov 2010

Abbado Symphony Edition 41CDs for £51.31 at Amazon
    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
      Very tempting where is Father Christmas when you need him?

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

re 4409

I stumbled across that one on Spotify. The title is "The Best Rococo Cello Music". Some of the tracks are pleasant, and some are easily identifiable, but others present a significant challenge. How is one supposed to cope with that? It's the same on Amazon and I think also on iTunes. Major detective work would be needed to identify all the works - that really is pretty shoddy.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Very tempting where is Father Christmas when you need him?
          It's a cracker - if you've few duplicates go for it! If you've got quite a few duplicates - still probably worth it! Shelf space?

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            It's a cracker - if you've few duplicates go for it! If you've got quite a few duplicates - still probably worth it! Shelf space?
            Cheers Cloughers .....very few duplicates decision made......

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              Cheers Cloughers .....very few duplicates decision made......
              More than two thirds are, for me, duplicates. I will not be joining in, but would definitely encourage those with few or no duplicates to strike while the iron is hot.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                That's the one !

Comment

• mathias broucek
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  More than two thirds are, for me, duplicates. I will not be joining in, but would definitely encourage those with few or no duplicates to strike while the iron is hot.
                  They are starting to release sub-boxes. Useful for the recordings that haven't been released together before (the Bruckner and later Mahler recordings). Beware that the Symphony Edition doesn't include the Grand Duo in the Schubert box.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

I'm not usually over fond of Delius (though he's a composer whose works sometimes sound very much better in live performances ...), but I've been looking for music with a "summer" theme. Typing Delius + summer into Amazon found several, so now I've
                    ordered 1 x CD Barbirolli, 1 x CD Andrew Davis, plus 1 x CD Anthony Collins for the grand sum of 26p plus 3 x1.26 = £4.04 from Zoverstocks, supposedly in very good condition. I would normally prefer to buy new, but these used ones should serve their purpose well enough.

Actually, looking at the delivery estimates, if they don't arrive in time, can I assume that if they're not dispatched that I can cancel? Not a great deal really given the low price - but not sure how Zoverstocks works in this regard.

Comment

• johnb
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                      I bought box this as a flac download from Qobuz for the princely sum of £13.79 when it was on special offer!

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

This Vivarte 60 CD box set seems cheaper now - under £41 today - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivarte-Coll...F3FT5DRGVJVH54

The Poulenc set http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poulenc-Oeuv...0E7D9C9JE6VFSA is down a bit today too - £26.25.

Comment

• MickyD
                          • Nov 2010

The Poulenc is tempting...I must confess I like the sound quality of newer recordings so have quite a few of those of Dutoit on Decca. I guess that the EMI set is second to none for authenticity, featuring Poulenc himself on some of the recordings. Do any other posters have this set and would they recommend it? It's at an excellent price.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

I'm not usually over fond of Delius (though he's a composer whose works sometimes sound very much better in live performances ...), but I've been looking for music with a "summer" theme. Typing Delius + summer into Amazon found several, so now I've
                            ordered 1 x CD Barbirolli, 1 x CD Andrew Davis, plus 1 x CD Anthony Collins for the grand sum of 26p plus 3 x1.26 = £4.04 from Zoverstocks, supposedly in very good condition. I would normally prefer to buy new, but these used ones should serve their purpose well enough.

Actually, looking at the delivery estimates, if they don't arrive in time, can I assume that if they're not dispatched that I can cancel? Not a great deal really given the low price - but not sure how Zoverstocks works in this regard.
                            Once your order shows 'preparing for dispatch' (or similar) you can't cancel it.

You get, I think, around 30 minutes 'cooling off' time from the moment you place your order, when you can cancel.

The delivery times are long, and Zoverstocks always meet the deadline.

You can return your items under the distance selling regs, but you won't get back the p&p and you'll have to pay the return costs.

If the items are faulty or the firm fails to meet the delivery date, you can return them for a full refund including p&p.

All the above is as per my understanding.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Zoverstocks are very good - the odd non-arrival or faulty disc have been quickly reimbursed or replaced if they have another in stock. Just go back to your order and use the contact seller option.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Beefy - good to see you've switched back your avatar from Lionheart to Beefheart!

Comment

Working...
                                X