X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Those who bought the CPE complete piano works, Markovina.

Could someone insert the CDs into their Mac/PC and painstakingly add all the track information and send it to Gracenote?

Thanks

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      Those who bought the CPE complete piano works, Markovina.

Could someone insert the CDs into their Mac/PC and painstakingly add all the track information and send it to Gracenote?

Thanks
      Maybe there's a way of extracting most of the data from here - http://open.spotify.com/album/2GGyhpWLeaWUCdbKVyb3L0 or from another site, such as napster or iTunes.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        Maybe there's a way of extracting most of the data from here - http://open.spotify.com/album/2GGyhpWLeaWUCdbKVyb3L0 or from another site, such as napster or iTunes.
        Thanks Dave, but maybe a bit too much faffing - I'll wait until someone loads up to Gracenote.

Comment

• Roehre

My set arrived this morning! Pretty good service from the Italian Amazons!

Oh the joys of global entrepreneurial capitalism!
          Hurrah, and now my copy has arrived too

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
            Hurrah, and now my copy has arrived too
            Oh joy of joys!

I've been enjoying the Prussian sonatas - all new to me

Comment

• Dave2002
              • Dec 2010

Thanks Dave, but maybe a bit too much faffing - I'll wait until someone loads up to Gracenote.
              I'm not sure how long that will take. It's not a set I've bought, so I'm not going to do it! It's a pain that modern CDs don't all have embedded track information. I think some firms can do this - I've some discs (EMI I think) which at least in my car system show tracks. I really don't see why it should be such a difficult thing for recording companies to do this, and for software to sort out the different types of data for use in computer based music systems.

Comment

• PJPJ
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                I'm not sure how long that will take. It's not a set I've bought, so I'm not going to do it! It's a pain that modern CDs don't all have embedded track information. I think some firms can do this - I've some discs (EMI I think) which at least in my car system show tracks. I really don't see why it should be such a difficult thing for recording companies to do this, and for software to sort out the different types of data for use in computer based music systems.
                If the CDs are available as mp3 from Amazon it is possible mp3tag (don't be put off by the program name) will find the metadata.

mp3tag homepage

"Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more."

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                  • Jan 2014

Julian Bream edition from Amazon de.
                  £57.59 delivered to UK. It has been around £70, rising to £77 recently.

Comment

• Parry1912
                    • Nov 2010

The Art of Daniel Barenboim (16CDs) for £22.51 on Amazon
                    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                      The Art of Daniel Barenboim
                      Can't help being reminded of the Tommy Cooper sketch:

'Unfortunately ... Stradivarius was a terrible painter and Rembrandt was a rotten fiddle maker ...'

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                        The Art of Daniel Barenboim (16CDs) for £22.51 on Amazon
                        Whew! Thank you for the link, Parry 1912. I placed an immediate order and been informed that the set has been despatched and invoiced at the quoted price. However, I note in a separate listing that this price has now been price- hiked by a further
                        £!2 50+. Another case of the early bird on the river....:? smiley:

Comment

• gurnemanz
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanley Stewart View Post
                          Whew! Thank you for the link, Parry 1912. I placed an immediate order and been informed that the set has been despatched and invoiced at the quoted price. However, I note in a separate listing that this price has now been price- hiked by a further
                          £!2 50+. Another case of the early bird on the river....:? smiley:
                          Looks tempting. I noticed that Amazon UK link is to an Italian seller and it's still cheap on Italian Amazon

Comment

• hafod
                            • Nov 2010

Berlioz: Complete Orchestral and Sacred Music: Colin Davis 13cds at AmUk for £20.59.

Karl Bohm: Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart and Schubert Symphonies - 22cds for £28.72 from AmUk.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

As a Lieder addict I have finally succumbed to the Naxos Schubert Box, tempted by Europadisc's current offer. I had hesitated previously because I already had the excellent Hyperion box + umpteen other recordings and reviews of the Naxos were not universally good. Even though I've only had it for a week or so, it is turning out to be a very worthwhile purchase.

Points in its favour:
                              Nicely presented box as a cube, thus taling up half the space of Hyperion.
                              A very thorough booklet - 400 pages, all English (but no song texts). Hyperion does the reverse - texts but no printed notes.
                              German native speakers do the singing.
                              Many new voices not heard before.
                              Discs in box are the same as the original themed single disc issues. (Hyperion de-themed it in the box to be strictly chronological, consequently mostly with multiple singers on each disc).
                              For variety you get fortepiano accompaniment on six of the 38 discs.

MusicWeb Reviews

Comment

• Mark Meldon

Sir Colin Davis's Berlioz

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                Berlioz: Complete Orchestral and Sacred Music: Colin Davis 13cds at AmUk for £20.59.

Karl Bohm: Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart and Schubert Symphonies - 22cds for £28.72 from AmUk.
                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karl-Bohm-Lu...ZPDGHVE0ZD6K1X
                                Thanks for the tip-off on the Berlioz box; duly ordered!

Comment

Working...
                                X