Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thropplenoggin
    • Mar 2013

Some good bargains to be had on Erato label downloads at Qobuz: http://www.qobuz.com/recherche?q=era...ation-speciale

JS Bach Violin Concertos, Ton Koopman et al - €2.91
    Purcell: Dido & Aeneas, William Christie - €3.63
    Couperin: Leçons de Ténèbres, William Christie - €3.63

Pro-tip: sort by 'de moins cher au plus cher'.

Qobuz is also now available as a streaming site to UK customers: http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/offers/mu...g-subscription
    It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Not music, but if anyone is looking for cheap Homeplug adapters to link rooms in their homes with ethernet connectivity, this from PC World seems good value right now - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/networ...140118091745:s - suitable for video as AV and up to 500 Mbps.

I've used TP Link kit before and it's mostly OK, though I've not tried their Homeplug/Powerline adapters. I think there is another cheaper kit on offer somewhere, but only 200 Mbps - whereas this one is 500 Mbps, and should be OK for use with video.

The really cheap set is now under £20 - here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-P...=tp+power+link but as I just wrote, it's only 200 Mbps. Probablly good enough for a lot of things though.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Yet another Selections opera set - Verdi operas from Regis for under £12 - http://www.selections.com/verdi-the-...ras-18cds.html

There is a continuing list of clearance items too. I had quite a lot of Verdi last year, so it's debatable whether this set is "needed" too, but maybe someone will tell me that the performances are brilliant. The recordings are clearly dated somewhat.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          ... maybe someone will tell me that the performances are brilliant. The recordings are clearly dated somewhat.
          Hello, Dave!

Wonderful set if you like Callas' voice (I adore it, but others ... ); usual stage cuts in most of the recordings (quite short, but ryddu irritating) - Falstaff (complete) one of the very best recordings of one of the very best operas. Usual REGIS caveat, but a 67p a disc, worth a punt.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stunsworth
            • Nov 2010

CPE Bach edition. 10 Deutsche Harmonia Mundi CDs for £13...

Steve

Comment

• MickyD
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
              CPE Bach edition. 10 Deutsche Harmonia Mundi CDs for £13...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...43645521_em_lm
              Thank you very much for pointing this out, Steve - it will mean me duplicating some works, but there are some rare, long deleted discs which are well worth having.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Sinopoli's Mahler set is going for £18.93 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mahler-Symph...inopoli+mahler

The DG Collectors Edition set of the same is going for £70 which has long deterred me so I've ordered this Eloquence set. Sinopoli's Mahler may not be everybody's cup of tea but the 8th is definitely one of the best on disc. I heard him live in No's 6 & 9 in the 1980s.

Thanks to Beef Oven! for highlighting it on another thread.
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Parry1912
                  • Nov 2010

Berlioz Complete Orchestral and Sacred Music by Sir Colin Davis on Decca (Philips) for £26.12 (13CDs)

It was at this price a couple of weeks ago then it more than doubled! Who knows if it'll remain at this price.
                  Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                    CPE Bach edition. 10 Deutsche Harmonia Mundi CDs for £13...[/url]
                    Thanks for that, Steve: duly ordered. (I seem to remember that I have a birthday sometime this year ... and I have a measly total of two CDs of CPE's Music in my collection, so much catching up to do!)
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                      Berlioz Complete Orchestral and Sacred Music by Sir Colin Davis on Decca (Philips) for £26.12 (13CDs)

It was at this price a couple of weeks ago then it more than doubled! Who knows if it'll remain at this price.
                      A true bargain indeed, though I will not benefit from it, already having the lot in previous boxed sets, etc. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                        • Nov 2010

Brendel complete Mozart PCs - Vox version - £4.49 download from iTunes...

Steve

Comment

• hafod
                          • Nov 2010

The best bargain I saw today was the 152cd RCO Radio Legacy set for £84.44 new from a marketplace seller M & L UK (actually based in Germany). When I came across it there were 3 copies. I hesitated for a few minutes as I already had vols 4-7 during which time a quick look at the second-hand prices for these showed that I should recoup much if not all of that outlay. When I came to order there was one left but my order went through. Now the wait to see if it is for real!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                            The best bargain I saw today was the 152cd RCO Radio Legacy set for £84.44 new from a marketplace seller M & L UK (actually based in Germany). When I came across it there were 3 copies. I hesitated for a few minutes as I already had vols 4-7 during which time a quick look at the second-hand prices for these showed that I should recoup much if not all of that outlay. When I came to order there was one left but my order went through. Now the wait to see if it is for real!
                            Bravissimo hafod! After all the bargains you've led me towards over the years, this is the least you deserve - fingers crossed for you

Comment

• Madame Suggia
                              • Sep 2012

Mahler 3 LSO Helen Watts conducted by Jascha Horenstein on the Archipel label.

£4.26 plus p&p on amazon

It's on Youtube too in 3 parts so you can check the sound quality, type in- Mahler 3 Horenstein (look for the rather nice black and white sketches of Horenstein conducting)

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Madame Suggia View Post
                                Mahler 3 LSO Helen Watts conducted by Jascha Horenstein on the Archipel label.

£4.26 plus p&p on amazon

It's on Youtube too in 3 parts so you can check the sound quality, type in- Mahler 3 Horenstein (look for the rather nice black and white sketches of Horenstein conducting)
                                Well worth the price IMHO, particularly if you like to hear the wind and brass without much in the way of strings I call it the wind-band/ Harmonie Mahler 3. But I still love it...
                                I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Working...
                                X