• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    OH. AH.

I received the mozart too !! until now I thought that it had been incorrectly picked by zoverstocks for another Mozart disc that I ordered last week.
    I emailed Zover to tell them that the baroque 50 set didn't turn up and they agreed to credit.
    I have reordered the 50 set from Rarewaves on Play.com marketplace yesterday, but I'm pessimistic now.
    On the upside, I have a more or less free 9 CD Mozart set, and looks like Zover might have credited me twice for the baroque set.
    ...and of course you're doing the right thing and are in dialogue with zover to sort it all out. Don't you owe them?

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      ...and of course you're doing the right thing and are in dialogue with zover to sort it all out. Don't you owe them?
      well at this precise moment, they have £24 of mine. The possible refunds are, at this time,just emails. I have a set of Mozart discs i didn't order (worth £15), no Christmas present(although it was ordered December 6), and still don't have the actual Mozart disc that I DID order....yet.
      So er, I'm down at this moment, sadly.
      And no pressie for me tomorrow.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        well at this precise moment, they have £24 of mine. The possible refunds are, at this time,just emails. I have a set of Mozart discs i didn't order (worth £15), no Christmas present(although it was ordered December 6), and still don't have the actual Mozart disc that I DID order....yet.
        So er, I'm down at this moment, sadly.
        And no pressie for me tomorrow.
        There looks like a right old muddle there - I guess it could get worse when you receive another barcode Mozart set from your other supplier.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          There looks like a right old muddle there - I guess it could get worse when you receive another barcode Mozart set from your other supplier.
          which looks likely to happen.
          hey ho, worse things happen at sea.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Another too good to be truey ?

Although I didn't order the Mozart set it's mainly stuff I don't have or know (Violin and Horn Concertos),so it's worth having.

BUT I WANT THAT FLIPPIN BAROQUE BOX FOR 25 QUID !!!!!

Comment

• Mark Meldon

It seems to me, as a frequent "bottom fisher" on amazon (and, before they gave up retail themselves, play), that "barcode" errors are quite common, particularly with new CDs. It only takes a duff computer scan or slip of the finger and all sorts of problems ensue. To be fair, many of the marketplace sellers are very small businesses, and I don't like to see them disadvantaged. Others, though, such as zoverstocks (who get most of their stock, I believe, from their "music magpie" subsidiary) and most of the North American sellers are fair game. My best deal, I think, was the Dennis Russel Davis Haydn symphony box set that cost me £1.28 and, more recently, an Astree 4-CD set of Schumann songs for £2.10; that went to Japan for £68.90!

Mind you, as a small seller on amazon myself, I have had it the other way, but I have always swallowed the bitter pill when it happens; worst experience was inadvertently selling the Maazel Mahler set on Sony for all of £1.70 in stead of £17.00 - an expensive slip of the finger, that was! I only sell my own stuff and, hopefully, the condition of my discs meet expectations. That, I'm afraid, can't always be said about zoverstocks, but I have always had quick and courteous refunds from them.

Recently, I have found the French and German sellers very reliable. I think that is because the French and Germans have a much larger number of collectors than here in the UK and these people generally look after their stuff carefully. Right now, "top music" in Prague have been very inexpensive for Music & Arts CDs (I love historical stuff) and delivery has been extremely prompt - 2-4 days. Excellent.

An amazing bargain on amazon today is the Ulricht Mahler 8-CD set of all of the 78rpm recordings issued between 1903-1940 as about £21. This splendid set got a rave review in IRR and arrived with me today. From what little I have heard so far, the transfers by MoT and WM are much "better" than prior releases and the 80 page booklet is simply wonderful.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                • Nov 2010

Chopin Polanaises by Rafel Blechacz. 3 Euros from Qobuz for the 24/96 download...

Listen to unlimited streaming or download Frédéric Chopin : Polonaises by Rafał Blechacz in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscriptions from $10.83/month.
                Steve

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Not a huge reduction on their standard price, but Qobus are currently offering lossless downloads of the BBC Legends box (20 CDs' worth) for €19.99.

[Offer valid for 5 days.]

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

I'm another sent the Mozart box (which I already had) in error by YouwantitWe(ain't)gotit (ordered via the Rakusen's Play marketplace. Just sent then a message via Rakusen's contact system.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                      • Mar 2013

Some decent Harmonia Mundi Gold bargains here:

e.g. Herreweghe (various composers): http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/hmgold.php?k=9&w=1790
                      It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        I'm another sent the Mozart box (which I already had) in error by YouwantitWe(ain't)gotit (ordered via the Rakusen's Play marketplace. Just sent then a message via Rakusen's contact system.
                        Ditto with me. When I went back to them, they answered pretty promptly, promising a full refund and giving a freepost address. On further inquiry on my part, they said that they had copies of the elusive Baroque Box and did I still want it? Yes, please. The Mozart went back this morning so I'll wait and see if the BB ever arrives.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                          Ditto with me. When I went back to them, they answered pretty promptly, promising a full refund and giving a freepost address. On further inquiry on my part, they said that they had copies of the elusive Baroque Box and did I still want it? Yes, please. The Mozart went back this morning so I'll wait and see if the BB ever arrives.
                          'Louise' emailed me this morning, apologising, offering to replace with the correct item and requesting that I remove the decidedly negative feedback I left on the play.com site. I have sent the Mozart box back and further used that "Contact seller" facility to advise that I will happily remove the negative feedback once the problem is resolved by the correct set being delivered to me. This is not the first time YouwantitWegotit have messed up on an order of mine:

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            'Louise' emailed me this morning, apologising, offering to replace with the correct item and requesting that I remove the decidedly negative feedback I left on the play.com site. I have sent the Mozart box back and further used that "Contact seller" facility to advise that I will happily remove the negative feedback once the problem is resolved by the correct set being delivered to me. This is not the first time YouwantitWegotit have messed up on an order of mine:

http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...293#post341293
                            Was it not YouwantitWeprobalyhaven'tgotitreally who messed up on the Liszt Box aka Joe cocker dvd?

Comment

• jut1972
                              • Jun 2013

Rare waves have been bloody useless. Taking days to respond and then not bothering to read mails properly. I'll be sending it back and leaving negative feedback.

Comment

• johnb
                                • Mar 2007

The curious thing about the All Baroque Box on Play.com is that the sellers are still offering it at around £24, even though it seems highly likely that there has been some kind of mix up and the buyers will probably receive the wrong product.

Interestingly, on Amazon Rarewaves and Zoverstocks are asking around £59 for the same product (though even at that price it is something of a bargain).

Comment

Working...
                                X