Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Stanley Stewart View Post
    Re earlier postings on the Krauss "Ring" cycle, Amazon have now emailed indicating that anticpated delivery date is 8 to 11 November - hope springs eternally!
    Best of luck to all those who are waiting for the Krauss - I bought my copy years ago for a much higher price

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
      Gardiner: Bach Cantatas (56 cds) on SDG for £115.86 (delivered) from 'hive'.

This is a new site (at least to me) I found a week ago. Unfortunately, while checking out the site over that time prices have increased by at least 15% on a number of previously good bargains. The JEG is the exception being £112 when I first found it. The message is therefore that this price may well not last. It is not worth posting anything else from this site as the prices, although in many instances very competitive, are not bargains in the way that the word is used on this thread.
      I ordered, and got confirmation of details of the box, 9 days ago. Still shown as "on order". Not the quickest at processing and dispatching orders then.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Anybody care to know who or what "Hive" is?
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanley Stewart View Post
          Re earlier postings on the Krauss "Ring" cycle, Amazon have now emailed indicating that anticpated delivery date is 8 to 11 November - hope springs eternally!
          I had an e-mail today stating that Amazon were awaiting supplies but no anticipated delivery date was given. I feel sure that our patience will be rewarded.
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
            I had an e-mail today stating that Amazon were awaiting supplies but no anticipated delivery date was given. I feel sure that our patience will be rewarded.
            A touch of Waiting For Godot about all this:

ESTRAGON: I can't go on like this.
            VLADIMIR: That's what you think.

Or to borrow another famous Beckett quote from The Unnameable: 'I can't go, I'll go on.'
            Last edited by Thropplenoggin; 23-10-13, 20:37.
            It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• DublinJimbo
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
              Or to borrow another famous Beckett quote from The Unnameable: 'I can't go, I'll go on.'
              Or, as used in Berio's Sinfonia, "Call that going? Call that on?"

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DublinJimbo View Post
                Or, as used in Berio's Sinfonia, "Call that going? Call that on?"

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

"And I close."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    "And I close."
                    Thank you, M. Bryn.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• mathias broucek
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      Thank you, M. Bryn.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

And , unsurprisingly, the Liszt box didn't ever arrive. Actually, not even the Joe Cocker arrived, despite assurances that something had been dispatched.
                        A refund is in progress, apparently.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                          Deutsche Harmonia Mundi (25 CD Edition) La Discotheque Ideale - £21.48 from Amazon.uk.

CD 1: Bach: Goldberg-Variations – Gustav Leonhardt
                          CD 2: Bach: Motets – Cantus Cölln
                          CD 3/4: Bach: Suites for solo cello – Hidemi Suzuki
                          CD 5: Biber: Requiem á 15 /Steffani: Stabat Mater – Gustav Leonhardt
                          CD 6: Boccherini: Concerti for violoncello / Sinfonias – Tafelmusik, Anner Bylsma
                          CD 7: Caccini: La nuove musiiche – Jordi Savall, Montserrat Figueras, Schola Cantorum
                          CD 8: Couperin: La sultane – Skip Sempé
                          CD 9: Frescobaldi: Messa della domenica – Canticum, Lorenzo Ghilemi
                          CD 10: Frescobaldi: Messa della Madonna – Canticum
                          CD 11: Purcell: Dioclesian suite /Handel: Concerto grosso, Il dulle amoroso – Freiburger Barockorchester
                          CD 12: Lassus: Requiem à 5 Magnificat – Pro Cantione Antiqua
                          CD 13: Lully: Divertissements – Capriccio Stravagante, Skip Sempé
                          CD 14: Marais: Fantaisie champêtre, Piece in trio – Ensemble Rebel
                          CD 15/16: Monteverdi: Vespro della beata Vergine – Cantus Cölln
                          CD 17: Pergolesi: La Serva Padrona – Maddalena Bonifaccio, Siegmund Nimsgern, Collegium Aureum
                          CD 18: Rameau: Hippolyte et Acricie, orchestra Suite – La Petite Bande, Sigiswald Kuijken
                          CD 19: Sainte Colombe: Pièces pour viole de gambe – Hille Perl
                          CD 20: Scarlatti: St. John passion – René Jacobs, Schola Cantorum
                          CD 21: Telemann: Concertos for woodwind instruments – Camerata Köln
                          CD 22: Frescobaldi, Gbrielli, Jacchini, Antonii: The Violoncello in the 17Th Century – Anner Bylsma
                          CD 23: Vivaldi: Avanti l'Opera, Rare opera overtures – L'Arte dell'Arco, Christopher Hogwood
                          CD 24: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons – Freiburger Barockorchester, The Harp Consort
                          CD 25: Zelenka: Missa Dei Filii – Tafelmusik

This appears to be a scaled down version of the 50CD box '50th Anniversary Edition' released in 2008.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deutsche-Har...I2IJXKAAEWKHLO
                          Looks like. Was that also nicely alphabetically ordered according to composer names?

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                            Looks like. Was that also nicely alphabetically ordered according to composer names?
                            ... yes indeed : from Astorga* to Zelenka.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuele_d'Astorga

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                              • Mar 2013

Order status update now reads:

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: WE NEED A LITTLE MORE TIME TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A GOOD ESTIMATE. WE'LL NOTIFY YOU VIA E-MAIL AS SOON AS WE HAVE AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE.

An insouciant email has been dispatched:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on October 01 2013

The automatons at the Behemoth River Snake have not placated this purchaser. Try harder.

(Ah, Thropplenoggin! Ah, humanity!)

Comment

• richardfinegold
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                And , unsurprisingly, the Liszt box didn't ever arrive. Actually, not even the Joe Cocker arrived, despite assurances that something had been dispatched.
                                A refund is in progress, apparently.
                                Check your flat again. Perhaps the Joe Cocker set "came in through the bathroom window" unnoticed by you.

Comment

Working...
                                X