• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    the Tennstedt is down to £9 with FREE delivery on market place, (so reasonably guilt free).
    This is good value: they're not dire recordings - but so disappointing for those of us who heard him in concert. I'm still saving my pennies for the Lennie/SONY set after payday next week, though.

trouble for me is, will eat into the Robert Simpson fund......
    Yes - £31 with postage at the very cheapest. Worth every penny, but still quite a few pennies involved.

In a different league in both price and quality of Music, £2.99 for the complete Glazunov Symphonies & "fillers": Moscow Radio Symphony Orch/Fedoseyev (MP3 Download)

And an instant Reger (10CD equivalent) collection for £7.49:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      This is good value: they're not dire recordings - but so disappointing for those of us who heard him in concert. I'm still saving my pennies for the Lennie/SONY set after payday next week, though.

Yes - £31 with postage at the very cheapest. Worth every penny, but still quite a few pennies involved.

In a different league in both price and quality of Music, £2.99 for the complete Glazunov Symphonies & "fillers": Moscow Radio Symphony Orch/Fedoseyev (MP3 Download)

And an instant Reger (10CD equivalent) collection for £7.49:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reger-Collec...9031_a1_n_19_p
      The Tennestedt box adding Das Lied von der Erde and the live 5 6 and 7 is a better box - I recently replaced my original box for this but at £9 inc p&p it is worth the buy.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        The Tennestedt box adding Das Lied von der Erde and the live 5 6 and 7 is a better box - I recently replaced my original box for this but at £9 inc p&p it is worth the buy.
        Get thee behind me, Santa!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

With reference to the recent Tchaik Syms thread I would recommend this £1.29 worth inc p&p to anyone wanting to add to their existing.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

only sat down while the spuds par boil, and I have been sorely, sorely tempted into a huge potential spend.

Great self contol required.

But some crackers there. That Glazunov looks like a cheap evening in downloading and burning !!! cheaper than a pint.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              only sat down while the spuds par boil, and I have been sorely, sorely tempted into a huge potential spend.

Great self contol required.

But some crackers there. That Glazunov looks like a cheap evening in downloading and burning !!! cheaper than a pint.
              Did you get more than you bargained for?

(Rearrange the following: Coat. Get. I'll. My. at your leisure.)
              It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
                Did you get more than you bargained for?

(Rearrange the following: Coat. Get. I'll. My. at your leisure.)
                I wouldn't discount it !
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• amateur51

Paul Badura-Skoda plays the complete Schubert piano sonatas on a range of fortepianos from his collection.

Donath Schöfftos, Vienna, c. 1810
                  Georg Hasska, Vienna, c. 1815
                  Conrad Graf 432, Vienna, c. 1823
                  Conrad Graf 1118, Vienna, c. 1826
                  J.M. Schweighofer, Vienna, c. 1846

Cheaper here ...

sorry Bryn
                  Last edited by Guest; 26-05-13, 17:13.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Paul Badura-Skoda plays the complete Schubert piano sonatas on a range of fortepianos from his collection.

Donath Schöfftos, Vienna, c. 1810
                    Georg Hasska, Vienna, c. 1815
                    Conrad Graf 432, Vienna, c. 1823
                    Conrad Graf 1118, Vienna, c. 1826
                    J.M. Schweighofer, Vienna, c. 1846

http://www.mdt.co.uk/schubert-the-co...cana-9cds.html

An absolute bargain. I have them as separate 3 disc volumes which cost a lot more.

Comment

• vinteuil
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      An absolute bargain. I have them as separate 3 disc volumes which cost a lot more.
                      ... that is an amazing bargain - like Bryn I acquired them separately at much greater cost

You will also want in time to acquire the surveys by Jan Vermeulen (twelve CDs on et'cetera) and Malcolm Bilson (seven CDs on hungaraton), as well as Alexei Lubimov for the impromptus and the various Andreas Staier recordings - but this Badura-Skoda box wd be a marvellous place to start!

Comment

• MickyD
                        • Nov 2010

Can you tell us why Vermeulen takes up 12 CDs, Vinteuil? I guess there are a lot of supplementary pieces other than the sonatas included. I have the few Staier disc and like them a lot, but want a complete survey. I have managed to listen to some samples of the Vermeulen and Bilson (can't find any Badura Skoda extracts) and I must say that I much prefer the recorded sound of the Bilson and his instruments sound more in tune, too.

Comment

• vinteuil
                          • Nov 2010

Micky - Vermeulen includes the other pieces (impromptus, moments musicaux, minor works) - hence the twelve CDs (six doubles). Some find his 1826 Streicher a bit thin ; I did at first, but have come to like it.

If I had to have just one 'complete' set I think it wd be Malcolm Bilson

(... but the Badura Skoda is now at such a tempting price : I wd buy it if I didn't already own it )

Comment

• MickyD
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks, Vints. I have just found an extract of Badura-Skoda on YouTube and it sounds quite closely recorded for my taste, though I do agree that the price is tempting (I've seen it under £22). So I would go for Bilson, too, but there is surely room for another take on these pieces - why not Brautigam? I've hugely enjoyed his recent disc of Mendelssohn Songs without Words on BIS.

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

Sony's 'Franz Liszt: Master And Magician' - 26CDs. Just over £21 inc delivery to the UK.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                Sony's 'Franz Liszt: Master And Magician' - 26CDs. Just over £21 inc delivery to the UK.
                                http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B004...tag=bpclass-21

great spot Hafod.....master and magician indeed !! Could be you !I looked at that one. As far as I can see there is a marketplace seller selling at 15.46 and the carriage seems to be £3.40 (not sure if its Euros or pounds). Is that how you see it, so it would be about 19.00 euros with carriage?
                                Cheers
                                TS.

(that Myaskovsky was up to £60 on amazon the other day !!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X