Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
    At that price, aka Ams 51 and the temptation highlighted by him too difficult to resist. Duly pre-ordered - so much for saving up for the Britten box. I will now have a spare copy of the Fleisher Beethoven/Brahms box to spare if anyone wants it in due course
    I think this may be affecting a lot of people, HD

Comment

• visualnickmos
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
      I know that mine has been dispatched so hopefully it will arrive on Monday.
      Just out of interest - is that via Selections.com? The reason I ask is that I ordered some Britten from them about 2 weeks ago and as yet haven't received an email to say they have been despatched - just an email telling me that my order was "being processed"

It's the only time I have used them, and so wondered about how long I could expect to wait for the order.....

Comment

• Parry1912
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
        Just out of interest - is that via Selections.com?
        No, this is from Amazon.

I've used Selections a few times in the past and I've always been happy with the service.
        Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

At that price, aka Ams 51 and the temptation highlighted by him too difficult to resist. Duly pre-ordered - so much for saving up for the Britten box. I will now have a spare copy of the Fleisher Beethoven/Brahms box to spare if anyone wants it in due course
          Only wanting Brahms concerti I've not bought the Beethoven/Brahms box - could be in the market for your set!

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Probably just not attractive enough - https://vivaceclassical.com/music/al...ctor-s-Edition - but a reasonable price. There are some other good things at Vivace Classical, including the large Decca Verdi box at a good price, and some cheaper items have a better percentage saving, at half price.

I also had notification of a Naxos clearance at Europa Classical, though not absolutely rock bottom prices- typically £4.17/CD. Others may find it worthwhile. For me a couple of the percussion discs looked possibles, but might still be cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Only wanting Brahms concerti I've not bought the Beethoven/Brahms box - could be in the market for your set!
              PM me your address and I'll send them to you - gratis - when I'm back in the UK in a week's time. I always like to see CDs go to a good home.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

This has to be a bargain, even at the price given in the BBCMM review (£50)
                Buy Wagner's Vision - Bayreuth Heritage by Hans Hotter, Ira Malaniuk, Gustav Neidlinger, Jon Vickers, Leonie Rysanek, Astrid Varnay, Josef Greindl, Rita Gorr, Wolfgang Windgassen, Martha Mödl from Amazon's Classical Music Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.

(Presto have it at £70)

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

couple of Mahler cheapies, apologies if they have already been flagged up
                  This looks good value in a download

and some good value in used Tennstedt (patchy?)

catch it quick if you want it, price went up £1 in 10 mins !!
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

PM me your address and I'll send them to you - gratis - when I'm back in the UK in a week's time. I always like to see CDs go to a good home.
                    Thank you very much - I'll be in touch.

Comment

• visualnickmos
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      Drat! Just as I was about to grab the Bernstein (Sony) set - what should I do? I can't afford les deux coffrets......

Any constructive advice dearly appreciated. HELP!!!!

Thanks to all....
                      Nick

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                        Drat! Just as I was about to grab the Bernstein (Sony) set - what should I do? I can't afford les deux coffrets......

Any constructive advice dearly appreciated. HELP!!!!

Thanks to all....
                        Nick

Go for the Sony Bernstein and pick up live Tennstedt (from BBC Legends, LPO label and ICA) as finances permit. KT was much better live than in the studio.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          Go for the Sony Bernstein and pick up live Tennstedt (from BBC Legends, LPO label and ICA) as finances permit. KT was much better live than in the studio.
                          Oh I say! (shades of Dan Maskell) - sound advice, Pet

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

The EMI "complete" box that teamster mentions contains some excellent performances - the Download price makes it very attractive. But for a single-conductor survey of the Nine "complete" Symphonies, Lenny for me!
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

the Tennstedt is down to £9 with FREE delivery on market place, (so reasonably guilt free).

trouble for me is, will eat into the Robert Simpson fund......
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                                • Nov 2010

Although the price has gone up since I bought it, among the more thoughtful of modern Mahler cycles is in

and you get another 30 CDs thrown in of the great Claudio's thoughts on Beethoven, Brahms, Mendelssohn .......

Comment

Working...
                                X