Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

Not sure if anyone has flagged this up yet - a 60 CD box set of Sony Vivarte recordings with lots of goodies inside, for under £2 a disc:

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      Not sure if anyone has flagged this up yet - a 60 CD box set of Sony Vivarte recordings with lots of goodies inside, for under £2 a disc:

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/S...m_medium=email
      Yes. Got my notification this morning. However, I have far to much of the content already. Some or the discs are already duplicated due to earlier more compact boxes.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

This has got to be a storming "Used " bargain? Hasn't it?

Oh well, it'll be fun finding out !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• hafod
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/S...m_medium=email
          Like Bryn there is too much duplication for me but it is worth noting that the set is available new from UK-based Marketplace sellers for under £54 as opposed to £84 at Presto.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            Most unlike you ts, how come you aint waiting until the price goes easier, say 17p incl p&p?

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
              Most unlike you ts, how come you aint waiting until the price goes easier, say 17p incl p&p?
              You should know better than that Beef. "Don't be too greedy" is my motto. buy somewhere near the bottom, and sell somewhere near the top. Wait for the very top or very bottom and you will get stung. Play the percentages. (which would be a reasonable album title).
              Anyway, I left 2 copies for you to choose from, so a bit of gratitude is in order !!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• hafod
                • Nov 2010

Yes it is, but I would avoid the Zoverstocks lottery. They trumpet 'buy with confidence' which is untrue as in my experience 1 in 4 puchases from them described as 'very good' comes in very poor condition. They list just two conditions - 'new' and 'very good' - but the latter covers like new, very good, good, acceptable and atrocious. They always refund if you complain but any feedback gets lost in minutes given the size of the operation. I rarely use them now.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                  Yes it is, but I would avoid the Zoverstocks lottery. They trumpet 'buy with confidence' which is untrue as in my experience 1 in 4 puchases from them described as 'very good' comes in very poor condition. They list just two conditions - 'new' and 'very good' - but the latter covers like new, very good, good, acceptable and atrocious. They always refund if you complain but any feedback gets lost in minutes given the size of the operation. I rarely use them now.
                  I have used Zover a fair bit, (probably 20 purchases?) and have had only one failure, which was a disc which never arrived, and for which I got a credit no problem.
                  Condition has always been fine.
                  However, I always use an alternative if there is a comparable one available,as other people need th business too !

Comment

• Piano Man

A bargain for Kubelik fans £8.77

Comment

• Stunsworth
                      • Nov 2010

I have used Zover a fair bit, (probably 20 purchases?) and have had only one failure, which was a disc which never arrived, and for which I got a credit no problem
                      I've had a couple of things never arrive & like yourself obtained a refund. Delivery seems slow - the last thing I ordered took a week to arrive.
                      Steve

Comment

• mathias broucek
                        • Nov 2010

I have it - it's a nice set!

Comment

• Beef Oven

I have used Zover a fair bit, (probably 20 purchases?) and have had only one failure, which was a disc which never arrived, and for which I got a credit no problem.
                          Condition has always been fine.
                          However, I always use an alternative if there is a comparable one available,as other people need th business too !
                          I have used Zoverstocks for about 60-70 purchases. Only 2 problems, both quickly refunded. They are the cheapest. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Piano Man View Post
                            Like the look of this one. Only saw Kubelik once (BRSO, 1980) when he did Mahler 1 and the one I'd like to hear in this set is the Concertgebouw Mahler 5.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                              I have used Zoverstocks for about 60-70 purchases. Only 2 problems, both quickly refunded. They are the cheapest. You get what you pay for I suppose.
                              My difficulty with Zover is that they do not seem to realize that 'very good' according to Amazon's criteria does not mean several surface marks and/or scratches even if the disc plays perfectly. It may be a hangover from the days of LP but I do not like discs that are marked which is why I only buy cds that are listed as 'very good' or above. As I can't rely on them to accurately describe what they are selling I now very rarely use them - a pity as I have had some very fine condition discs from them.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                My difficulty with Zover is that they do not seem to realize that 'very good' according to Amazon's criteria does not mean several surface marks and/or scratches even if the disc plays perfectly. It may be a hangover from the days of LP but I do not like discs that are marked which is why I only buy cds that are listed as 'very good' or above. As I can't rely on them to accurately describe what they are selling I now very rarely use them - a pity as I have had some very fine condition discs from them.
                                That seems fair comment. i have to say I don't check for surface marks, but most of my "used" buys tend to be in the very cheap end of the market. I guess if one is buying more expensive stuff, different criteria apply!!

Comment

Working...
                                X