Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

I heartily recommend the set by the Nash Ensemble but the EMI set looks attractive too - oh dear at that price, can I resist it?

Comment

• Stephen Smith

Die Walküre - Kaufmann/Gergiev, receiving very favourable comment on its own forum thread (the recommendable "Ring" performances just keep coming and coming.....) Available as a FLAC download at Qobuz, on offer, at €7.99. I have downloaded all three Acts, complete with 38 page PDF booklet. I noticed this last night. (Sorry, I have yet to master the art, in threads, of posting a link). I've also posted on the Qobuz thread my experience of downloading via a Swiss IP server.....

Comment

• David-G
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Stephen Smith View Post
        Die Walküre - Kaufmann/Gergiev, receiving very favourable comment on its own forum thread (the recommendable "Ring" performances just keep coming and coming.....) Available as a FLAC download at Qobuz, on offer, at €7.99. I have downloaded all three Acts, complete with 38 page PDF booklet. I noticed this last night. (Sorry, I have yet to master the art, in threads, of posting a link). I've also posted on the Qobuz thread my experience of downloading via a Swiss IP server.....
        I tried this but got the message "This article is not available in your country yet (UNITED KINGDOM)". This was discussed some time ago, but I can't remember what the solution was. Can someone remind me?

Comment

• Stephen Smith

I posted my way of achieving this on the "Qobuz" topic on the techie board section of the forum earlier this evening. . In that topic, others indicate they have managed to get Qobuz to change their account so that Qobuz allows download purchase (but as I used a different method, I don't know if they are still restricted on some purchases)

Comment

• johnb
            • Mar 2007

David,

All you have to do is register with Qobuz then email them asking them to set up your account so that you can purchase downloads, as they have done for other UK accounts. It is also worth mentioning that the Chrome browser has a very helpful auto-translate. Very useful if one's French is not very good.

There is no need for proxy servers or techie solutions, at least not for people in the UK.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by johnb View Post
              David,

All you have to do is register with Qobuz then email them asking them to set up your account so that you can purchase downloads, as they have done for other UK accounts. It is also worth mentioning that the Chrome browser has a very helpful auto-translate. Very useful if one's French is not very good.

There is no need for proxy servers or techie solutions, at least not for people in the UK.
              Agreed. The only wee problem I had was that their downloader is a separate program and all in French...so Chrome can't help you there!

Comment

• Howdenite
                • Nov 2010

-- Die Walküre - Kaufmann/Gergiev for EUR 7.99 --

Thank you so much for pointing this up! I really wanted to have/hear this but wasn't ready to pay full price for the CDs. Note to those interested in Qobuz - I manage it all fine though I speak absolutely no French (unfortunately!). When I email them, I use English and get polite and helpful replies in English, and I just let the downloader go and it puts all the files in my standard music download folder quickly and efficiently. I have found them to be superb to deal with, despite my lack of the language.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Howdenite View Post
                  -- Die Walküre - Kaufmann/Gergiev for EUR 7.99 --

Thank you so much for pointing this up! I really wanted to have/hear this but wasn't ready to pay full price for the CDs. Note to those interested in Qobuz - I manage it all fine though I speak absolutely no French (unfortunately!). When I email them, I use English and get polite and helpful replies in English, and I just let the downloader go and it puts all the files in my standard music download folder quickly and efficiently. I have found them to be superb to deal with, despite my lack of the language.
                  It is £9 at the tax dodgers on CD .

Comment

• Stephen Smith

I can see the Decca single disc for £9 (ASIN: B00AEQYM6S ) but the 4CD Die Walkure (Mariinsky label ASIN: B00A655N8I) is £31.76. (or, is said seller taking me for a mug with different pricing?).

Comment

• Mandryka

I can see the Decca single disc for £9 (ASIN: B00AEQYM6S ) but the 4CD Die Walkure (Mariinsky label ASIN: B00A655N8I) is £31.76. (or, is said seller taking me for a mug with different pricing?).

Ditto.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                        • Nov 2010

No I stand corrected - I was wrongly referring to the recital disc .

Comment

• Howdenite
                          • Nov 2010

Try this (still 9,59 EUR):
                          Listen to Nina Stemme in unlimited streaming on Qobuz and buy the albums in Hi-Res 24-Bit for an unequalled sound quality. Subscription from $10.83/month

4 disques - 45 pistes - Durée totale : 03:56:14
                          Artiste principal : Valery Gergiev
                          Compositeur : Richard Wagner
                          Label : Mariinsky
                          Genre : Classique > Opéra > Intégrales d'opéra
                          Période : Musique Romantique
                          Zone géographique : Allemagne

Comment

• Jonathan
                            • Mar 2007

How about this:
                            A wide range of Gardening, home accessories, wildlife and bird care products, outdoor leisure and games.
                            Best regards,
                            Jonathan

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                              yup.....or this...
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Just be aware that the recordings/pressings are of a very variable quality. Also, they are not to be confused with Demus's 1960s recordings of some of Schumann's piano works on an 1839 Graf. I suppose EMI have those stashed away somewhere in a locked cupboard in a disused basement. Perhaps some day an archeologist might chance upon them and put them before the public again.
                                Last edited by Bryn; 12-03-13, 16:51. Reason: Link changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X