X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
    Probably a fair bit of duplication for many of us, but at this price, hard to resist:

https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E10358062
    A fine set

Giulini,Klemperer,Rattle,Horenstein, Tennstedt(live),Barbirolli,Rattle,Tennstedt and Barbirolli in that order .

The fillers are splendid too - DFD and Furtwangler , Ferrier and Walter and Baker and Barbirolli - in the song cycles , the Rattle Das Klagende Lied and the Szell Des Knaben Wunderhorn

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by robk View Post
      Very good it is too. It fills a significant gap in my collection. I really need to buy the CD now to compare it with
      I checked out the SACD - somewhat more expensive. From Linn the Spem in Alium track is £3.60 | £1.80 |£1.70 (Studio quality, CD quality, MP3), but if one can tolerate mp3 Amazon have it for 69p. I've bought that and will decide whether to buy the CD/SACD later.

Comment

• MickyD
        • Nov 2010

I've just begun listening to the 6 CD box set of Buxtehude organ works on Brilliant Classics from the young Italian organist Simone Stella. I have no other set with which to compare it, but so far I like what I hear - a good recording on a newly built organ in a church in Padua. Seems like a good bargain to me.

Comment

• hafod
          • Nov 2010

Bach, J.S. - The Organ Works - Simon Preston; 14cds £23.28 delivered.

Elgar - Violin Cocerto - Tasmin Little, Chandos - £3.89 delivered.
          Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

The Klemperer Romantics Box arrived today (within Marvelio's estimated delivery date range). Now to find time to listen to at least some of it before Saturnalia.

I think I will rip the two symphonies which are split between CDs and burn each to a separate CD-R for convenience of listening.
            Last edited by Bryn; 13-12-12, 23:25. Reason: acute innumeracy.

Comment

• richardfinegold
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
              Probably a fair bit of duplication for many of us, but at this price, hard to resist:

https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E10358062
              I bought it simply for the Horenstein 4th and yes there was a lot of duplication. I'm really enjoying the Rattle 3rd and the Inbal Blumine, and what the heck, all the recordings are fantastic and the price is absurdly low.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

Since tax-dodging revelations I have successfully avoided Amazon and so far not had to pay more by going elsewhere. Yesterday I filled a gap in my collection by ordering Bach Partitas from the new Glenn Gould edition. At Europadisc the 4CD set has cost me £8.90 post paid. Amazon £8.99 post free.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  The Klemperer Romantics Box arrived today (within Marvelio's estimated delivery date range). Now to find time to listen to at least some of it before Saturnalia.

I think I will rip the two symphonies which are split between CDs and burn each to a separate CD-R for convenience of listening.
                  Very glad to hear it's arrived Bryn - my experience of this seller is that they're slow but set realistic delivery times.

Comment

• AmpH
                    • Feb 2012

Hans Schmidt - Isserstedt's Beethoven Symphony cycle with the VPO now available at a low price as an mp3 download.

The cycle is also available on Spotify. Can we hope for a reissue on CD ?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                      Hans Schmidt - Isserstedt's Beethoven Symphony cycle with the VPO now available at a low price as an mp3 download.

The cycle is also available on Spotify. Can we hope for a reissue on CD ?
                      I do hope so

Comment

• AmpH
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        I do hope so
                        Me too !

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Me too !
                          I'd settle for FLACs (why are they only available as mp3s? ), but a CD re-issue would be even better.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                            • Nov 2010

Very "Keep Calm and Carry On" cover!

It's good to see Decca putting this out there. Really, there's no reason for anything that's been digitally remastered to be "out of print" these days.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                              Very "Keep Calm and Carry On" cover!

It's good to see Decca putting this out there. Really, there's no reason for anything that's been digitally remastered to be "out of print" these days.
                              And there's other good stuff in the same series however I fear an idiot is in charge since Mozart's "Great Symphonies" with Krips starts at #30 and omits #29

Comment

• Parry1912
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                Elgar - Violin Concerto - Tasmin Little, Chandos - £3.89 delivered.
                                http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1718...rlrefer=search
                                Turns out I already had 80p worth of 'Play Points' so I've only paid £3.09!
                                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Working...
                                X