Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

I have had much the same experience with Archiv - so far three of four items have arrived in different mailings, with much the same lack of information as described by hafod. I am still waiting for one extra item. Fortunately the CDs are only for me, not as Christmas presents, but I agree, it is not very professional service. On the other hand, I was bowled over to get the 18 CD Clementi set for under £13!

Comment

• Parry1912
      • Nov 2010

Have to say that my experience has been good. I ordered the Strauss, Rimsky and Rachmaninov boxes and they all arrived together after about a week. Then yesterday I received a replacement disc for CD6 of the Rachmaninov box. I hadn't even opened mine so goodness knows if there is anything wrong with it!
      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
        Have to say that my experience has been good. I ordered the Strauss, Rimsky and Rachmaninov boxes and they all arrived together after about a week. Then yesterday I received a replacement disc for CD6 of the Rachmaninov box. I hadn't even opened mine so goodness knows if there is anything wrong with it!
        I felt that my service was good. I placed several orders. I didn't even bother to contact them re the Schutz box which I ordered late. It was my fault that I didn't order it while the really good offer was on, and even at the price I bought it for it was competitive.

One slight concern is if I need to start opening the boxes to check for problem CDs. I have the Rachmaninov set, but I ordered it from another supplier. It'll take at least a year to work through all of the boxes and CDs I ordered.

I think my haul would have cost well over £400 even at discounted prices from other vendors, so therefore I'd recommend them so far - if their prices are good - which they certainly were for what I bought. I thought one box didn't have the details, but I rummaged around in the packaging and did eventually find an itemised note with the items supplied. It was buried in amongst the packaging.

Comment

• Russ_H
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by hafod View Post
          I am not impressed with ArchivMusik...

Bit of shower I would say.

I received an acknowledgement of my order on 23rd November. Payment was taken.
          A couple of days ago I sent them an email to find out what was causing the delay.
          No reply.

I will not be using them again.

Comment

• visualnickmos
            • Nov 2010

Seems like this outfit is pretty shoddy. I won't use them again (their prices are not very competitve nowadays, anyway)

I used them only once, and I had to enter an exchange of emails to find out when my damn stuff would actually be delivered!
            Last edited by visualnickmos; 11-12-12, 22:38. Reason: grammatical goof-up

Comment

• NLK1971

Voucher code SEDOTD12 entitles you to £5 off when you spend £35 or more in a single transaction at sainsburys.co.uk/entertainment. Voucher code SEDOTD12 is valid on 11/12/2012 until 23:59:59 11/12/2012

Not much time left...

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
                Thanks for flagging this up, robk.

Here's the link for those interesed: http://christmas.linn.co.uk/
                I keep missing the good ones! Yesterday was Spem in Alium.

Comment

• robk
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  I keep missing the good ones! Yesterday was Spem in Alium.
                  Very good it is too. It fills a significant gap in my collection. I really need to buy the CD now to compare it with

Comment

• Tony Halstead
                    • Nov 2010

I have just received an e-mail from Bärenreiter telling me about their 'Christmas presents at Seasonal prices'.
                    The 2nd item on the list is:

Johann Sebastian Bach
                    The Complete Piano Works
                    4 study score volumes in a slipcase

TP 2002 | normally £ 146.50
                    seasonal price £ 125.00

click here for more information.

<doh>

Comment

• mathias broucek
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by waldhorn View Post
                      I have just received an e-mail from Bärenreiter telling me about their 'Christmas presents at Seasonal prices'.
                      The 2nd item on the list is:

Johann Sebastian Bach
                      The Complete Piano Works
                      4 study score volumes in a slipcase

TP 2002 | normally £ 146.50
                      seasonal price £ 125.00

click here for more information.

<doh>
                      Stocking filler prices!!!

Comment

• Tony Halstead
                        • Nov 2010

It's not only the prices ( note 'study scores' i.e. miniatures -very hard on the eyesight for performance purposes) but the fact that a major publishing house is mischievously publicising an untruth about Bach's keyboard works!

Comment

• Sir Velo
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by waldhorn View Post
                          It's not only the prices ( note 'study scores' i.e. miniatures -very hard on the eyesight for performance purposes) but the fact that a major publishing house is mischievously publicising an untruth about Bach's keyboard works!
                          Shooting themselves in the foot aren't they? They'll have lost the custom of the entire HIPP brigade for starters!

Comment

• MrGongGong
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                            Shooting themselves in the foot aren't they? They'll have lost the custom of the entire HIPP brigade for starters!
                            is that shooting from the hi................................. get my coat

Comment

• Madame Suggia
                              • Sep 2012

Celibidache Edition - French & Russian Music [Box Set]
                              £13.98 from online sellers

Comment

• Mandryka

Probably a fair bit of duplication for many of us, but at this price, hard to resist:

Comment

Working...
                                X