• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kees View Post
    You mean the Schutz set? I paid £ 14,99 ;-) you can sent an email to Arkiv and tell them that you forgot to order this set. Who knows they can help you. They are very flexible I know from experience....
    They were indeed very helpful and dropped the price back to £14.99 for me on a temporary basis [hint, hint, by the way, if you're quick]. Currently awaiting confirmation of their receipt of my payment by credit card. Thanks again for the tip.

[Low and behold, 8 minutes later the Boccherini, Rimsky-Korsakov, Telemann and Tchaikovsky boxed were delivered.]
    Last edited by Bryn; 04-12-12, 15:52.

Comment

• Kees

i told you! They are flexible!

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      They were indeed very helpful and dropped the price back to £14.99 for me on a temporary basis [hint, hint, by the way, if you're quick]. Currently awaiting confirmation of their receipt of my payment by credit card. Thanks again for the tip.

[Low and behold, 8 minutes later the Boccherini, Rimsky-Korsakov, Telemann and Tchaikovsky boxed were delivered.]

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kees View Post
        i told you! They are flexible!
        And their emails to me were clearly written by human beings, not merely computer generated pro forma responses.

Comment

• Kees

Same experience !

Comment

• soileduk
            • Nov 2010

hafod
            I believe that Marvelio, like a few of the other American sellers, use a system of 'bulk distribution'. I guess to keep costs down, rather than posting out overseas orders as they come in they will group them into one large consignment and then send them to a UK centre for distribution. If you check the packet when it arrives you usually find UK post office frank and not american.

Originally posted by hafod View Post
            The Klemperer Romantic Symphonies box - used like new - is back again at £3.75 from Marvelio in Amazon.uk marketplace. This time it is accompanied by the Beethoven Symphonies box - again, used like new - also at £3.75.

Still no sign of the Romantic Symphonies box I (and others) ordered yonks ago.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin

Looking forward to seeing one of these £3.75 EMI box set deals i'the flesh rather than just on here. By the time I get there, they seem to have magically disappeared.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
                Looking forward to seeing one of these £3.75 EMI box set deals i'the flesh rather than just on here. By the time I get there, they seem to have magically disappeared.
                Yes, this is another downside to being in full-time work. By the time I get on here they've long gone!
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• remdataram
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                  Yes, this is another downside to being in full-time work. By the time I get on here they've long gone!
                  It's nothing compared to the downside of NOT being in full-time work!

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by remdataram View Post
                    It's nothing compared to the downside of NOT being in full-time work!
                    Not so sure! By the time you get to my age that redundancy cheque can't come soon enough. If only...
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• hafod
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by soileduk View Post
                      hafod
                      I believe that Marvelio, like a few of the other American sellers, use a system of 'bulk distribution'. I guess to keep costs down, rather than posting out overseas orders as they come in they will group them into one large consignment and then send them to a UK centre for distribution. If you check the packet when it arrives you usually find UK post office frank and not american.
                      Thank you - that is helpful to know.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by soileduk View Post
                        hafod
                        If that is the case presumably our individually addressed jifbags are not subject to the HM customs and the company deals with that so do we need to worry about the HMRC limit as we presumably just treat them like any UK seller!?!

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          If that is the case presumably our individually addressed jifbags are not subject to the HM customs and the company deals with that so do we need to worry about the HMRC limit as we presumably just treat them like any UK seller!?!
                          Let us know how you get on as our guinea pig, cloughie.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            Surely you do all your on-line shopping at work, like everyone else?

I used to spen hours working out the best/cheapest combinations of train tickets for my trips south; I don't have time now (or my parner keeps asking why I spend so long on the computer)

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

I got the Schoenberg complete songs for £12 from Play.com a few weeks ago and have very much enjoyed discovering them. New recordings on 4CDs, fine performances + a good booklet with notes and texts. Still a bargain at Play - over £20 elsewhere.
                              Guardian crit

Comment

• Barbirollians
                                • Nov 2010

Can this thread be renamed " Get behind me Satan " ?

Comment

Working...
                                X