X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hafod
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by NLK1971 View Post
    Any Martinu lovers? This set is currently £12.07...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martinu-Symp...0571475&sr=1-2
    I decided to buy this set a couple of days ago but have only just got round to doing so. I was dismayed to see that the headline price had gone up to £29.82! However, lower down it said '13 new from £12.07'. I clicked on this and the first listed was Amazon!! I have received an email confirming a purchase price of £12.07. If you want this set at £12.07 then get it NOW.

Comment

• hafod
      • Nov 2010

Haitink/CSO Mahler 3 - £1.38 'like new' from a Marketplace seller.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
        I decided to buy this set a couple of days ago but have only just got round to doing so. I was dismayed to see that the headline price had gone up to £29.82! However, lower down it said '13 new from £12.07'. I clicked on this and the first listed was Amazon!! I have received an email confirming a purchase price of £12.07. If you want this set at £12.07 then get it NOW.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martinu-Symp...=IG1ZMPE72UJO0
        Just had a notification that my £12.07 box is on its way from Amazon EU S.a.r.L with an ETA of tomorrow (Monday 22nd).

Comment

• Parry1912
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by NLK1971 View Post
          Any Martinu lovers? This set is currently £12.07...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martinu-Symp...0571475&sr=1-2
          Received this morning.
          Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
            Received this morning.
            Mine arrived today, too. Amazon also emailed me to advise that as I was out at the time they had delivered the package via my letterbox. Whatever next?!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Mine arrived today, too. Amazon also emailed me to advise that as I was out at the time they had delivered the package via my letterbox. Whatever next?!
              Nice of them to keep you posted !

Edit, I rather fancy the Martinu set..trying to keep within budget though..
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• DublinJimbo
                • Nov 2011

For downloaders, Qobuz have two excellent bargains available for another seven days:

1. Neville Marriner and the Academy of St Martin in the Fields in a 10-CD survey of "20th-Century Classics"; and

2. The Aeolian Quartet playing the complete String Quartets of Haydn (including the Seven Last Words) on 22 CDs.

Both sets are priced at a mere 6 euro 89.
                Last edited by DublinJimbo; 25-10-12, 18:39.

Comment

• martin_opera

Originally posted by DublinJimbo View Post
                  For downloaders, Qobuz have two excellent bargains available for another seven days
                  Thank you. Have duly downloaded. Don't associate Marriner with this sort of repertoire.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

For downloaders, Qobuz have two excellent bargains available for another seven days:

1. Neville Marriner and the Academy of St Martin in the Fields in a 10-CD survey of "20th-Century Classics"; and

2. The Aeolian Quartet playing the complete String Quartets of Haydn (including the Seven Last Words) on 22 CDs.

That is a great spot DJ, but i really need to have something badly to endure the general trauma that goes with downloading and burning. i don't feel like I have the thing unless it is on a little silver disc!
                    Thanks for that.. having said all that.i may just do the Haydn anyway....
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Great bargains! I paid about about £25 for the CD box. (There are reasonable deals). Each CD has the same content as the original LP so they are not huge value length-wise, but you do get replicas of the quite nice Argo front pictures on the cardboard sleeves.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by martin_opera View Post
                        Thank you. Have duly downloaded. Don't associate Marriner with this sort of repertoire.
                        Where have you been ?

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          That is a great spot DJ, but i really need to have something badly to endure the general trauma that goes with downloading and burning. i don't feel like I have the thing unless it is on a little silver disc!
                          Thanks for that.. having said all that.i may just do the Haydn anyway....
                          I know exactly what you mean - it's money for ether!

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by martin_opera View Post
                            I didn't think we could download from Qubuz in the UK. Are you also in France?

Comment

• GrahamH

Thanks for this. I've been lurking here for months and thought it was time I did the honourable thing, especially as I've got a few real bargains from this thread - it would be more but I have to exercise some control. However, this Haydn was a 'no brainer' if you're into downloads. They're wonderful performances in a fine recording; I'm especially enjoying Peter Pears' contribution to the Seven Last Words and think his readings may inspire me to make more effort to appreciate his singing

BTW I noticed that the Peter Hurford complete JS Bach organ works is available at the same price.

Comment

• GrahamH

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                                I didn't think we could download from Qubuz in the UK. Are you also in France?
                                There have been problems in the past but I managed to download the Haydn today without resorting to any subterfuge!

Comment

Working...
                                X