X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahlerei
    • Sep 2024

Chandos Plug and Play

I see Chandos are offering music on USB sticks. Very expensive they are too. Can't quite see the logic of this, though

What do MBers think?
  • Don Petter

It's difficult to assess the value, since neither there nor on the Chandos site do they quote either the length of music in minutes or equivalent CDs. I suppose for £100 if they include the equivalent of ten or more CDs they might win on value and convenience. There remains the problem for many collectors, as with latterly issued box sets, of having some of the content already.

Comment

• Stunsworth
      • Nov 2010

I would have thought that anyone who had the technical ability to transfer the recordings from the memory stick to their computer would be happy in downloading the recordings directly.
      Steve

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Hmmm, bit difficult this because like me a collector would have some of the recordings already.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
          I would have thought that anyone who had the technical ability to transfer the recordings from the memory stick to their computer would be happy in downloading the recordings directly.
          Yes, but it saves all the time and bother of doing so, and when the memory stick fails (as it inevitably will) Chandos can replace it, (for a fee, one presumes).

Comment

• mathias broucek
            • Nov 2010

Sounds like an expensive answer to a question no one is asking.......

It might make sense if each drive had a huge number of CDs at low cost, but otherwise why?????

Comment

• Stunsworth
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Yes, but it saves all the time and bother of doing so, and when the memory stick fails (as it inevitably will) Chandos can replace it, (for a fee, one presumes).
              I'm not so sure it _would_ save time - it's going to take a couple of days for delivery of the memory stick. Also who would actually play the tracks from the stick? Surely people would copy the tracks to their music library.
              Steve

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Many DVD players and even some amps have USB inputs these days, sometimes in the front panel. I have got quite used to playing mp3s, mp2s with their extention changed to mp3, and wma files that way (though more often than not the USB device is an SD card reader, rather than a straigh USB memory stick).

Comment

Working...
                X