Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cellini

Daniel Hope CDReview 26/02/11

Hearing Daniel Hope playing the viola in the Brahms songs makes me think he's a much better viola player than fiddler.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, FREDDIE!!!
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Did they say what he was doing now, post the Beaux Arts? Concentrating on solo work again? (Sounds as if he's doubling his chamber group options by playing viola too )
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Cellini View Post
      Hearing Daniel Hope playing the viola in the Brahms songs makes me think he's a much better viola player than fiddler.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, FREDDIE!!!
      Based on what we heard, I thought the opposite... But what the fiddle do I know, I'm a trombonist
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

I listened to the programme as I was intrigued to learn more about Joseph Joachim. I've got an etching of him signed by the artist William Strang (1859-1921). It shows Joachim with full beard and looking in his late fifties.
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Cellini

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Based on what we heard, I thought the opposite... But what the fiddle do I know, I'm a trombonist

Comment

• mikealdren
            • Nov 2010

His opening of the Bruch was rhythmically so perverse that I thought he must be playing a pre-Joachim version!

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X