Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

This favourite work appears to good effect in the recent film "The Favourite". They used the Bernstein/Julliard version. It's on YouTube.

Comment

• Mal
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
      The Philips version with the Beaux Arts Trio plus Samuel Rhodes ( Viola.) and Dolf Bettelheim ( Violin ) coupled with the equally fine Piano Quartet is the one I always choose to listen to. I hope it's still in the catalogue, it's aa very nice recording in the Concertgebouw.
      I have and like this like this as well, note that it's the incarnation of the Beaux Arts Trio with Isidore Cohen on violin, which (for me) is a plus point! The Phillips duo price is also a plus point.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

I have the Schubert Ensemble of London on Hyperion. The coupling is the Piano Quartet. It may have been resisued/deleted since I bought it.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Tying in nicely with the BaL on Op.41/3 tomorrow, there are two more really wonderful period instrument recordings...beloved favourites of mine....
          The GS have the greater attack and drama, the Michelangelo more warmth and mellowness.

La Gaia Scienza
          2005, c/w 6 Canonic Pieces Op.56, Winter & Winter CD, download, stream...
          (unmissable in its bright yellow hardback case....!)

​Michelangelo Piano Quartet
          2003, c/w Piano Quartet Op. 47, Chandos CD, download, stream...

Comment

Working...
          X