• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
    Do you have a link for that, Micky?
    Yes indeed...click on this: http://www.bis.se/index.php

...then just type in whatever composer/artist you want to find, and it will take you directly to all the discs in that category. Find the title of the disc you want, then click on the "listen" button and the whole disc will play in very good quality. It's wonderful!

Comment

• Beef Oven

At this precise moment, if I had £x, I'd buy a lobster thermidor, a cheesecake made by my mate's Jewish mum, and a bottle of Sancerre 2005 domaine vacheron.

Comment

• mathias broucek
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        During my first decade or two working in London, Tower Records at Piccadilly Circus was always tempting after an evening out during the week, as it closed at midnight. On a number of occasions, I wound up browsing there after an evening in a pub in the West End, and the moderate consumption of alcohol would stimulate one's tendency to purchase

There was one evening when I had had rather too much to drink (it was rare!) and I had two isolated recollections of the journey home: (1) being in Tower (2) unwrapping a bossa nova CD back home in the kitchen... No memory at all of choosing it, or why, or purchasing it (I had done - there was a receipt!)

I was once in Barcelona with Mrs B. She started playing the hotel piano and they started bringing free cocktails. I was fiddling with my Blackberry on the Amazon app and the next morning discovered I'd purchased 70 CD s - some of them twice......

Most of them were pennies plus postage but even so those free drinks were expensive! I spent the next day undoing the duplicates!

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
          I was once in Barcelona with Mrs B. She started playing the hotel piano and they started bringing free cocktails. I was fiddling with my Blackberry on the Amazon app and the next morning discovered I'd purchased 70 CD s - some of them twice......

Most of them were pennies plus postage but even so those free drinks were expensive! I spent the next day undoing the duplicates!
          I've drunk 3/4 bottle Irish whiskey this evening and I've just bought on-line, Morton Feldman's String Quartet#2. At 6 hours in length, will I regret it in the morning?

Comment

Working...
          X