X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Arkiv Music Europe - poor service

Like many I ordered the Brilliant Classics Mahler set that includes the Horenstein 3rd. The next day I ordered a couple of other things

I received confirmation emails for each order. But the dispatch email was absurdly vague ("Your complete order has been shipped today") with no mention of an order number or the contents.

The two other items have arrived but no Mahler. I emailed them early last Friday morning but have not received so much as an acknowledgement, let alone the CDs

Can I please ask:

1) Has anyone else received the Mahler?
    2) Have others struggled with customer service?
  • hafod
    • Nov 2010

In message 2279 on the 'Bargains' thread I reported my experience. For convenience I repeat it below:

"I am not impressed with ArchivMusik (except for some recent prices). My order was placed on 23 November, the money taken on 25 November and an email sent on 6 December to say that some items were to be shipped later ("back-ordered items are normally shipped in 7-14 days") but they failed to say what they were! I emailed that day pointing out the proximity of the Christmas present season and asking why it had taken 13 days to tell me that some items were out of stock, but so far no reply. Hardly helpful this time of year when buying presents. The partial order arrived on 8 December containing just two of the six items. I recognise the rush they had for the Brilliant Classics box sets but I ordered just one of these and it turned out to be one of the two items just received. Of the remaining four, two are still being advertised one of which is reduced but the other is not. There remains no mention of any delay in shipping. The other two items appear to have vanished and were not reduced.

In my experience, no other supplier of classical cds sends a part order without specifying what has been delayed nor takes money for what hasn't been sent. Bit of shower I would say".

In the responses elicited some message boarders were equally unimpressed but the experience of others was positive. I still have no reply to my email and I am still waitng for the rest of my order which I paid for over 3 weeks ago..

As our transatlantic cousins might say - 'I think they suck'.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Very strange. I had prompt and very friendly service from them, including temporarily dropping the price of one item back to its promotional level so that I could order it. Perhaps I was just one of the lucky ones.

Comment

• Russ_H
        • Mar 2012

Here is a message I recently posted:

I received an acknowledgement of my order on 23rd November. Payment was taken.
        A couple of days ago I sent them an email to find out what was causing the delay.
        No reply.

I will not be using them again.

I did not order the Mahler box, just a couple of odd CDs. I have now emailed them twice.
        Still no reply. I'm not sure if this is uselessness or a scam.

Comment

• mathias broucek
          • Nov 2010

This all sounds rather worrying, doesn't it.

I suspect cock-up rather than conspiracy.

However if I don't here soon I may contact trading standards....

Does anyone know if they are connected to the US operation?

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

I ordered 4 different items from Arkiv...two box sets arrived in one parcel, then another on its own. I have just received an e-mail to say that the fourth article is now on its way. I have to say that they have kept me in touch with regard to the fact that they are sending a package, but like others here, I do find it odd that they cannot manage to mention the specific items in question in an e-mail. It is all worryingly vague. A pity when the prices are often so keen.
            Last edited by MickyD; 20-12-12, 08:28.

Comment

• richardfinegold
              • Sep 2012

Here in the States, I have ordered hundreds of CDs from Arkiv and never had a problem. They always send an email when the object has shipped with specific information on it.

Comment

• hafod
                • Nov 2010

My principal complaint is that Arkiv takes payment for that part of the order they are unable to deliver. Other classical music suppliers e.g MDT, Presto and Europadisc as well as HMV and Amazon do not. Charitably, that is sharp practice in my book.
                Last edited by hafod; 20-12-12, 11:38. Reason: typo

Comment

• mathias broucek
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
                  Here in the States, I have ordered hundreds of CDs from Arkiv and never had a problem. They always send an email when the object has shipped with specific information on it.
                  The US operation is excellent. I wonder how connected they really are? Perhaps the EU version has licensed the brand without making use of the back office processes. The EU operation certainly doesn't offer the out-of-print CD pressing service that the US offers.

Comment

• richardfinegold
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                    The US operation is excellent. I wonder how connected they really are? Perhaps the EU version has licensed the brand without making use of the back office processes. The EU operation certainly doesn't offer the out-of-print CD pressing service that the US offers.
                    The US operation is excellent. I wonder how connected they really are? Perhaps the EU version has licensed the brand without making use of the back office processes. The EU operation certainly doesn't offer the out-of-print CD pressing service that the US offers. Quote

My credit card here doesn't get charged until the disc is shipped.

Comment

• hafod
                      • Nov 2010

Just heard from Archiv that they are shipping part of my order. Actually it is only part of the remaining part of the order they couldn't ship originally but as the email is identical to the one they sent two weeks ago when the first part was shipped it fails to make that distinction. As usual they fail to say what is being shipped and what is still awaited.

Overall for me therefore they remain a failure.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                        • Nov 2010

I've heard NOTHING from these people despite two emails to customer services - not even an automated response

They've taken payment and not delivered either the goods or an explanation.

I can't find a phone number for them.

Any suggestions what I might do about this?

Comment

• Stunsworth
                          • Nov 2010

Did you pay by credit card? If so it's probably time to contact your credit card company and get a refund.
                          Steve

Comment

• mathias broucek
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                            Did you pay by credit card? If so it's probably time to contact your credit card company and get a refund.
                            Thanks Steve - didn't think of that option!

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                              Just heard from Archiv that they are shipping part of my order. Actually it is only part of the remaining part of the order they couldn't ship originally but as the email is identical to the one they sent two weeks ago when the first part was shipped it fails to make that distinction. As usual they fail to say what is being shipped and what is still awaited.

Overall for me therefore they remain a failure.
                              Futher to the email announcing the despatch of the second part of my order on 21 December (and paid for on 25 November!!), it arrived on 2 January - and in fairness to Archiv very well packaged. No infromation though about when the last item of the original order might arrive or whether they pay interest on money taken for goods that are not delivered.

What to do about them? I shall let events take a natural course and report progress - or lack of it - here. Thank heaven for the opportunity these boards provide to inform others. Once my order is complete I shall no longer have anything to do with these muppets.

Comment

Working...
                              X