X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Favourite HIPP/authentic baroque instrumental soloists

I was listening to the late David Reichenberg's recording of Vivaldi's oboe and violin concerto with Standage and the ECO/Pinnock. I don't think anyone still compares with him as a baroque oboe player even 25 years after his death . Such a wonderful player .

Who are you favourite soloists past and present . I would have to add Lisa Besnoziuk on the flute , Elizabeth Wallfisch, Monica Huggett and Carmignola on the violin for a start .
  • ostuni
    • Nov 2010

I absolutely agree about David R - I well remember when he appeared on the London music scene in the late 70s, having been studying and working in Vienna. No one had realised what a beautiful sound a baroque oboe could make...

Thinking of beautiful sounds, Bart Kuijken is the flautist for me. And, in terms of generally exciting musicians, Pieter Wispelwey. Violin: Stefano Montanari is wonderful to hear live - I haven't heard many of his recordings, though.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

Wispelwey - not just a baroque cellist of course as his splendid Dvorak and Elgar records testify.

Comment

Working...
      X