X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Van Otterloo

There's an interesting looking download boxed set of his recordings from the 1950s and 1960s that's cheap on emusic (I can get it for less than the headline price because I have an old subscription).

Rob Cowan's replay review in Gramo was very nice about this.

Has anyone else got this or perhaps owns the material on LP?
  • reinerfan
    • Nov 2010

Yes, I have the CD set which brings back memories of the LPs which I used to own in the old days. Another Dutch conductor who, like Van Beinum, does not receive the acknowledgement to which he is due.

Comment

• mathias broucek
      • Nov 2010

Thanks reinerfan. I'm an admirer of van Beinum so it's encouraging to see you linking them.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

I listened to little else for days after buying this, it's marvellous if the repertoire appeals... great transfers, and the mono efforts are very good technically. Lovely pics in the booklet of the original LP covers too. Glancing at the box I recall the Haydn, Schubert and Ravel items with especial pleasure, mono Moussorgsy Pictures very dynamic too.
        Bear in mind there has been a later set of Van Otterloo's stereo readings, should be easily found on amazon, haven't heard that one.

Must dash, Dvorak (Cello and 7) at the RLPO tonight!

Comment

Working...
        X