Can you pass on iTunes (or other) downloads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Can you pass on iTunes (or other) downloads?

Some people have been getting into a faff about whether you can leave downloaded material to your friends/relatives, and some have tried to involve Bruce Willis - http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...e-bruce-willis

Apart from the seeming fact that many CDs end up in charity shops and/or landfill when we go to glory, it does seem easier to leave CDs than downloads, though whether that would apply to CDs burnt from downloads I don't know. When I signed up to iTunes I thought the terms at the time suggested I could burn any downloaded material to CD, to do pretty much what I liked with for personal use - with the usual caveats, of course - but in the post moribund state I wouldn't really have any personal need for these.
  • Stunsworth
    • Nov 2010

Just copy the tracks to another drive, or burn them to a data/music CD. There's no digital rights management on music bought from iTunes these days, and of course tracks ripped from CD won't have them either.

I seem to remember there are similar onerous conditions printed on the back of CDs with regard to selling or lending.
    Steve

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
      Just copy the tracks to another drive, or burn them to a data/music CD. There's no digital rights management on music bought from iTunes these days, and of course tracks ripped from CD won't have them either.

I seem to remember there are similar onerous conditions printed on the back of CDs with regard to selling or lending.
      and while you are at it , feel free to come round to my house and help yourself to anything you like

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

I can pass on itunes - don't use them!

Comment

Working...
        X