Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

eMusic has been through several transformations since I first joined - attracted by what at the time was a good offer, which got me into Myaskovksy's works. It has been taken over, and rebranded a few times too, and I left for quite a long period, but was then enticed back - and somewhat to my surprise - all my original purchases were still there.

Now there seems to be much better material available - after the last take over. Not usually mainstream performers, but generally rather good ones and some decent enough recordings.

If you are interested in music by composers such as Scelsi, Rihm, Luigi Nono, Feldman and Schulhoof, for example, this might be a place to look. The balance between variety of material, price and quality now seems reasonable to me - which it didn't for a while.

Comment

• mathias broucek
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      eMusic has been through several transformations since I first joined - attracted by what at the time was a good offer, which got me into Myaskovksy's works. It has been taken over, and rebranded a few times too, and I left for quite a long period, but was then enticed back - and somewhat to my surprise - all my original purchases were still there.

Now there seems to be much better material available - after the last take over. Not usually mainstream performers, but generally rather good ones and some decent enough recordings.

If you are interested in music by composers such as Scelsi, Rihm, Luigi Nono, Feldman and Schulhoof, for example, this might be a place to look. The balance between variety of material, price and quality now seems reasonable to me - which it didn't for a while.
      The bit rates used to be low. Has that changed?

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
        The bit rates used to be low. Has that changed?
        The Wikipedia article o eMusic cites LAME VBR ('mp3') with an ABR of around 192kbps.

Comment

Working...
        X