X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

Anner Bilsma

Looks like Sony have grouped together all of Bilsma's Boccherini recordings - 5 CDs for around 15 euros, not bad at all! I'd like to think they could do the same with other old Seon recordings in their vaults.

• Uncle Monty

That's nice, thanks for the tip. I already have the first CD in the Bylsma 70th Birthday box set, but the rest are well worth having, too, especially at that price

Comment

• Uncle Monty

Last edited by Guest; 05-01-11, 01:19. Reason: Pressed wrong button, sorry!

Comment

• gamba
        Late member
        • Dec 2010

Thanks MickyD, have just ordered. Was once lucky enough to sit within a few feet of him at the RSAMD concert Hall in Glasgow. Incredible technique & the ability to make it all look so easy. Stopped me practising for several days afterwards !

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Glad to be of service, Gamba! I too have a special memory of Bilsma back in the late 80s when he performed one of the CPE Bach Cello Concertos with the OAE in the splendid surroundings of the Banqueting House in Whitehall.

Comment

• gamba
            Late member
            • Dec 2010

MickyD,

Have just received Bylsma CDs. Actually cost me about £20. Fantastic ! Even better, hadn't realised before that the orchestra would be Tafekmusik.

Have been playing recordings by others of some of these works - no comparison.

I almost began to wonder at times if Bylsma had been 'taken-over' by the spirit of Luigi B & it was he , Boccherini, who was producing these great sounds !

Comment

• gamba
              Late member
              • Dec 2010

That should of course be an 'l' in Tafelmusik - sorry.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

Thanks for your impressions, gamba - the set has been in my shopping basket for a week or so, but on your hearty recommendation I think I'll be ordering it straight away! If the recordings are with Tafelmusik, they must be the later ones he did for Sony Vivarte rather than those for Seon as I intimated in my earlier message. Whatever, I don't suppose this compilation will last long so I'll snap it up.

Comment

• vinteuil
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                  Looks like Sony have grouped together all of Bilsma's Boccherini recordings - 5 CDs for around 15 euros, not bad at all! I'd like to think they could do the same with other old Seon recordings in their vaults.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B004...pf_rd_i=405320
                  Micky - many thanks for having flagged this up - my amaz.fr set arrived today and I am much looking fwd to a Boccherini weekend...

Comment

• MickyD
                    • Nov 2010

Have a great weekend, Vinteuil, and do let us know your thoughts on the set.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

I ordered my set rather later. It arrived a few minutes ago. It's easy t see how SOny kept the price down. No programme notes. It's strange. Buying it via amazon.fr was cheaper than ordering via amazon.co.uk yet it was sent 1st Class Royal Mail, so was posted in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X