• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • visualnickmos
    • Nov 2010

Search for CLassic FM Feb CDs

Good evening

I'm not sure I am allowed to do this, so I'm prepared to get a telling off if necessary! But here goes;

I was hoping to obtain the Feb edition of Classic FM magazine because of the 2 cover CDs, one of which was Ferras playing the Sibelius VC (I forget the piece of the on the other CD, except to say I remember thinking it also was a good 'un.)

My family and a couple of friends in England, tried very hard to find it for me (I live in France) but I think I alerted them all a bit too late. I even called the magazine's 'back numbers' office, but they were clean out of it.

So, I just wondered as a last measure, whether any knid person who may have the 2 CDs would be willing to burn me a copy of them, and a copy of the accompanying notes? It goes without saying that I would pay you for your troubles and posting costs - at a price you think fair, considering the effort and your time involved. I know it is an incredibly audacious thing to ask, but maybe if you private message me...?

The reason is that at an early age I bought two vinyls (one a CfP of two Mozart VCs) of then to me at that time, unknown, Christian Ferras. I was so taken by his playing, hence this posting.

Thank you all - in much embarassment, and gratitude.
    Nick
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
    Good evening

I'm not sure I am allowed to do this, so I'm prepared to get a telling off if necessary! But here goes;

I was hoping to obtain the Feb edition of Classic FM magazine because of the 2 cover CDs, one of which was Ferras playing the Sibelius VC (I forget the piece of the on the other CD, except to say I remember thinking it also was a good 'un.)

My family and a couple of friends in England, tried very hard to find it for me (I live in France) but I think I alerted them all a bit too late. I even called the magazine's 'back numbers' office, but they were clean out of it.

So, I just wondered as a last measure, whether any knid person who may have the 2 CDs would be willing to burn me a copy of them, and a copy of the accompanying notes? It goes without saying that I would pay you for your troubles and posting costs - at a price you think fair, considering the effort and your time involved. I know it is an incredibly audacious thing to ask, but maybe if you private message me...?

The reason is that at an early age I bought two vinyls (one a CfP of two Mozart VCs) of then to me at that time, unknown, Christian Ferras. I was so taken by his playing, hence this posting.

Thank you all - in much embarassment, and gratitude.
    Nick
    I may be wrong, but I think it was Tchaikovsky not Sibelius!

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

It does seem to be the Tchaikovsky, but read on for the Sibelius.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

The only Ferras recording of the Sibelius that I know of was for DG and is quite ealily found, either on a single disc issue, or on a double CD issue. Just Google for Ferras, Sibelius and CD.

Comment

• amateur51

Here's a 'live' performance by Ferras, with Zubin Mehta and an uncredited orchestra

Christian Ferras plays Sibelius Violin Concerto in D minor, Op. 47: I. Allegro moderato.Conductor: Zubin Mehta

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Here's a 'live' performance by Ferras, with Zubin Mehta and an uncredited orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Kq0qMMpgU
            It's the French National Radio Orchestra.

Thanks A51. Now downloaded, edited together into a single file (Moyea FLV Editor Lite) and aac audio file extracted (56kbps, by the way).

Note how the highly cultured French audience applauded after each movement.
            Last edited by Bryn; 04-04-12, 08:49.

Comment

Working...
            X