X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DublinJimbo View Post
    Me, I rely heavily on iTunes for its organisational and searching strengths, and would really be lost without it. (I bypass iTunes's own output by using Pure Music and feed through an Apogee Duet DAC to my sound system. Works fine for me, including a reasonable proportion of 96/24 files.)

I use Max for FLAC-to-ALAC conversion (with a touch of Tag thrown in for those cases where the tag data isn't up to my required standard).
    Interesting. It seems as if the brave new digital world particularly suits two types of consumer:

1. Tech-savvy types like Jimbo and others above who want high quality and are comfortable fiddling around with software and complex-ish hardware
    2. Those who don't know or care about compression and sound quality ("digital, innit")

Those of us who like high sound quality but don't have the time, inclination or capability to fliddle around on a PC are left desperatly hoping that CD hardware and software will remain available.

Comment

• Mahlerei

Well it's like any new tech, a bit daunting at first but you soon get the hang of it. In general, I still prefer CDs though.

Comment

• Stunsworth
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        There is a set of Script files called Fluke which should enable this.
        I tried that a while ago but settled on using XLD to convert instead.
        Steve

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

I just got round to thinking about this again, and looked at the email I'd been sent from BBC MM about the EMI issues - "Mastered for iTunes". What are they playing at?

There is a discount code for the "free" Juillard samples, but when I looked it up, it says it's only valid on the US iTunes store for people in the USA. So why are they doing this?

Is there any way I can get at least one of the freebies using the code? I do have contacts in the US - maybe they can do it for me.

Why is a UK magazine giving offers and sending them out to people who are based in the UK, but the offers only valid (allegedly) in the US.

The only other explanation is that there was an offer in the UK, but it's now expired, but that's not what my email links say.

Very poor.

Mad world yet again!

Comment

Working...
          X