• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Fischer/BFO Rite of Spring

CD of the Week in yesterday's Sunday Times:-

I had high hopes for this CD when I heard it was on the way. This orchestra and conductor are surely a perfect combination for the music. Mind you, just about anything they touch seems to turn to gold at the moment.

It's released on 27th Feb- already pre-ordered from Amazon!!!
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

I've pre-ordered it too and it arrives on my birthday! Should be superb.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
      • Nov 2010

It was a terrific performance when they gave it a the Proms, and they played the the Stravinsky Tango at their late night request concert last season, so, Amazon here I come!

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

I was there for their Proms performance too and am looking forward to hearing this disc. All resolutions to cut back on CD purchases this year are being severely tested - and frequently broken.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Worth noting that the Stravinsky CD, Budapest Festival Orchestra/Fischer is several pounds cheaper at HMV than elsewhere - or it was at 22.00 hrs when I placed my order.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Stanley Stewart View Post
            Worth noting that the Stravinsky CD, Budapest Festival Orchestra/Fischer is several pounds cheaper at HMV than elsewhere - or it was at 22.00 hrs when I placed my order.
            Good call there, Stanley. I was a bit worried that they describe it as a "CD", but the catalogue number and the illustration relate to the SACD issue, and I can find no reference elsewhere to a standard CD issue, so have followed your lead.

Comment

Working...
            X