X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Record shops in Milan

Have a business trip to Milan coming up. May have a few hours free. Any good shops to visit? (I'm more interested in orchestral and chamber music than opera.)

Many thanks
  • NickWraight
    • Nov 2010

The only one I can recall is the "Ricordi" shop in THE Galleria, between the Cathedral and La Scala if I remember rightly.

Comment

• Jasmine Bassett
      • Dec 2010

That's the one I would recommend, although I was looking for scores rather than discs but I seem to remember I passed lots of CDs on the way up to the top floor.

Comment

• pastoralguy
        • Nov 2010

Do visit the La Scala shop. (Go downstairs!) I've never seen so many cds in one place. They have a broad selection - by no means just opera. It's quite pricey though.

Comment

• mathias broucek
          • Nov 2010

Thanks all

I was short of time but went to Ricordi but prices were generally too high and I didn't see many of the interesting "unofficial" Italian labels

I enjoyed the La Scale shop hugely. Very tasteful gifts and an interesting selection of CDs. Picked up the Orfeo Kubelik VPO Beethoven 3/Mozart 41 in a sale rack for less than it would cost from amazon.de. (Costs silly money on marketplace.)

Nice city. May return....

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
            Nice city. May return....
            ... if you do get back to Milan - and have half an hour to spare - do try and visit the Museo Poldi-Pezzoli ( 10 via Morone ), a biscuit's toss from la Scala. Much my favourite museum in that part of Italy..

Inaugurato nel 1881, il museo è stato creato dal nobile milanese Gian Giacomo Poldi Pezzoli (1822-1879), che ha donato le proprie preziose collezioni di dipinti, sculture e arti applicate per dare a tutti la possibilità di goderne. Questo era il suo appartamento che, nonostante i bombardamenti del 1943, ha mantenuto il fascino di una dimora ottocentesca.

Comment

Working...
            X