X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hafod View Post
    I see that Sainsburys is advertising the Messiaen box for £16.99 and "usually despatched within 6 working day(s)".

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E10311334
    I think my last message from Sainsbury's was words to the effect of forget it we can@t get it but I may have that wrong -I've deleted their message but in view of the experiences others have had with Playcom and Sainsbury's, maybe Amazon's stratosphere is more realistic!

Anyone had the EMI Furtwangler box from HMV - I ordered at £24.99 on Dec13 and it shows 'awaiting stock allocation' meanwhile it is now listed for £61.99?

Comment

• hafod
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Anyone had the EMI Furtwangler box from HMV - I ordered at £24.99 on Dec13 and it shows 'awaiting stock allocation' meanwhile it is now listed for £61.99?
      What a great price! I thought I had done well getting a set for £30 elsewhere. For what it is worth, my overall experience with HMV is very positive. On the very few occasions when an item has not been in stock the maximum wait has been 10 days although I do have friends who have occasionally waited very much longer but the item has always turned up...eventually!

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
        What a great price! I thought I had done well getting a set for £30 elsewhere. For what it is worth, my overall experience with HMV is very positive. On the very few occasions when an item has not been in stock the maximum wait has been 10 days although I do have friends who have occasionally waited very much longer but the item has always turned up...eventually!
        It's only a great price if you get the goods! I bought my copy of the Furtwangler set in the Oxford St HMV in November for £36 and thought that was a fantastic bargain! The set has been a mainstay of my listening ever since so I do hope Cloughie manages to get one.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
        X